[Idea] Show connectlock status on scoreboard

This issue tracker is now in read-only mode. Please see this topic for more information on how to contribute to Red Eclipse
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[Idea] Show connectlock status on scoreboard

Postby freezurbern » 20 Dec 2014 17:04

I think it would be a good idea to replace "open" with "auth" or some other word if connectlock is set on a server. At the moment, there is no indication of connectlock until one tries to connect, which tells the user the server is in private.
freezurbern

Re: [Idea] Show connectlock status on scoreboard

Postby qreeves » 20 Dec 2014 23:59

Agreed, moved to issue tracker.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 23 Dec 2014 00:58

could the current mastermode setting appear in showscores? that would be very useful too. too many times i've suggested something without realizing it was at a higher mastermode, and accidentally forced it.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every freedom, there is a new limit. For every joy, a new sorrow. For every act of kindness, an unspeakable cruelty. Where someone succeeds, someone else fails. A new association means a new separation. Loyalty meets treachery, honor breeds disgrace, free expression yields censorship. Each piece of knowledge forms new ignorance. Even death gives rise to new life. But the balance of existence is the beginning of wisdom and discernment.
shirepirate

Postby bonifarz » 23 Dec 2014 10:01

shirepirate wrote:could the current mastermode setting appear in showscores? that would be very useful too.

That could be useful in the vote menu, too. As far as I remember, the mastermode state cannot be simply returned via cubescript, but I guess for quin it would be easy to implement. Maybe this should be shown only if you actually have permission to force a game.
bonifarz

Postby freezurbern » 23 Dec 2014 13:19

shirepirate wrote:could the current mastermode setting appear in showscores? that would be very useful too. too many times i've suggested something without realizing it was at a higher mastermode, and accidentally forced it.

This happened to me a few times as well, it's definitely something one must pay attention to. Either this or have some way of voting instead of forcing
freezurbern

Return to Issue Tracker