[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - no access to explosives

no access to explosives

Issues that were previously reported and since dealt with.
Forum rules
This issue tracker is now in read-only mode. Please see for more information on how to contribute to Red Eclipse.

no access to explosives

Postby shirepirate » 07 Apr 2014 01:28

i just played a game of ctf on battlefield (SVN) and while at the beginning of the round i could pick up grenades, the ability to do so was revoked for some reason.
every other player could still pick them up as far as i could tell. i have no conjecture as to what might have caused it.
couldn't pick up grenades, mines or the rocket launcher. changed weapons and that didn't help. demo attached. excuse my n00bish playing, it completely threw me off.
Attachments
20140406212405.dmo
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
shirepirate

Re: no access to explosives

Postby SniperGoth » 07 Apr 2014 01:47

This happens sometimes also while editing online, when someone gets the map.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby qreeves » 07 Apr 2014 03:12

This has been a bit of an elusive bug for quite a while, and as far as I can tell somewhere the server state becomes desynchronised (for what reason I cannot tell). Unfortunately, the demo doesn't provide much help either, as it only plays back events from the perspective of the server; so throughout the whole demo, you are seen just running around the level, not shooting or anything. The "solution" is to type /reconnect

I just went and did an extensive review of the game event structures, and did find some discrepancies but I have no idea if they attributed to this specific error. That being said, everyone should be on the lookout for this bug. If possible, when you experience the bug try to get a moderator to set /serverdebug 3, reproduce the bug again, and then give me your "log.txt". Highlight me on IRC if you have to, I will come and set the variable; I just can't leave it on because this prints a lot of debugging messages.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 07 Apr 2014 06:26

so i was in the game... but i wasn't? weird dude. i'll remember /reconnect.
speaking of weird $@%& happening, look at this demo (it shows it, i watched)

about 2 mins into the game or so im standing right next to a guy as he is afk. i zoom in with the rifle on his head for fun (wasn't planning to frag him) then suddenly, through forces unknown, i'm whisked away and go flying backwards. made me lol. desync issue? i don't even see how it could be but it was funny
Attachments
20140407021140.dmo
(395.16 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 10 Apr 2014 07:35

It looks to me like you were teleported, not pushed. Regardless, this is a client side issue (and I'm assuming you're not running SVN).
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 10 Apr 2014 09:45

shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 10 Apr 2014 09:56

Okay, is rather strange. There's not much I can do about any of this with the available information, so I'm closing this issue for now.
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Closed Issues