[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Re: Map save location

Re: Map save location

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Re: Map save location

Postby yul » 09 Jun 2016 18:53

This might be a bit nooby, but here's my issue;

Editing a pre-existing map, changed maptitle, mapname, but it doesnt save in the maps folder. I can load it from the menu no problem. Working from a mac, havent' tried saving on windows version yet. It the file hidden, or saving in a hidden folder? In the editing menu it says it is saving as maps/trenches1 (trenches1 being my new map's name), and i cant find the cfg file either, despite the fact that it definitely does exist.

sorry for pestering people, but iv'e been in and out of the wiki and forums with no luck...
yul

Re: Re: Map save location

Postby SniperGoth » 09 Jun 2016 19:09

On a mac i don't know the location, but on windows, documents/my games/Red Eclipse/maps.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby shacknetisp » 09 Jun 2016 19:48

Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby yul » 10 Jun 2016 03:24

Unfortunately, imputting the listed url does not work, the system states that the folder cannot be found. I did however stumble upon ".redeclipse", which contains the folder "cache". No saves, though.

also, the folder "Library" isnt even under "users" on my OS, contrary to what the wiki's URL states (/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Red Eclipse).

also also, the usual way that i access the map files it by hitting "show package contents" on the redclipse icon, then going to contents, data, ect. all the maps i downloaded manually work from there, EXCEPT for my baby map. which is why i'm stumped.
yul

Postby qreeves » 10 Jun 2016 03:54

You shouldn't be modifying the contents of the package as you will potentially corrupt your auto-updater. The correct path is "/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Red Eclipse" where <username> is your currently logged in user. You won't find "Library" under "Users", only under each specific "<username>".
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby yul » 10 Jun 2016 15:47

aaaaand solved. My problem was that i stupidly replaced <username> with my name, but WITHOUT replacing these thingies "< >". Thank you, all!

Also, "don't modify package", noted.
yul

Return to Help and Support