[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Obj model import

Obj model import

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Obj model import

Postby Atypikk » 26 May 2016 15:15

Hello everybody,
i'm totally noob in Red Eclipe mapping, i have already created maps for Lionhead The Movies game and i created some objects models on wings 3D that i want to import on Red Eclipse. I learnt in the forum for example for the dziq asset i should :
"
1- just download and extract (zip format)
2- and then put folder 'dziq' to RE 'user data' folder, or ../data folder :p
3- start a new map
4- open a talking window (T)
5- type:
/exec dziq/textures.cfg
or
/exec dziq/models.cfg
"
But... When i executed this command nothing happened. I can't see any model... Should i do another thing ? Thanks
PS : Excuse me for my bad english, i'm french.
Atypikk

Re: Obj model import

Postby qreeves » 27 May 2016 00:44

Start new map in "editing" mode. Press F2 and then "/exec dziq/models.cfg", then select a spot on the map and type "/newent mapmodel" - change the first attribute until you get the model you're looking for (hold down "1" and scroll with mouse wheel).
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Atypikk » 27 May 2016 05:43

Thanks ! :) I have another question : When i play offline with some sauerbraten maps, i have just one or two bots. I want to increase the number of bots by team with the map editor. I know i can do that with a commandline ingame but i want to do that in the map editor. I tried do add anothers player spawns but nothing change. I tried to change the number of player of the map in map editing but nothing happened too. What can i do to change that ?
Atypikk

Postby bonifarz » 27 May 2016 08:52

In the editing menus of the upcoming release, you'll have a nice list of all currently loaded mapmodels including previews. And for the world variables /numplayers and /maxplayers, you'll have input fields in the "map info" menu. Though, I'm not really sure how these two variables work in detail. I think bots are used for balancing until $numplayers slots or filled. Maxplayers is typically twice as large, but i think you can use 0 as "default".
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Atypikk » 27 May 2016 09:14

Thank you very much ! it works ! :) do you know when the upcoming release will be released ?
Atypikk

Postby Dziq » 27 May 2016 14:04

This will take a while, maybe week, maybe month or more :) but it's almost ready
Dziq

Return to Help and Support