[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Fun With RE_Player.blend

Fun With RE_Player.blend

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Fun With RE_Player.blend

Postby ShaneRoach » 15 May 2016 03:28

A lot of us, myself included, have gotten a little frustrated banging our heads against the wall trying to figure out how to edit the character, add animations and what not for RE. What we DO have however is are some perfectly fine male and female player models available to toy with.

Have any of you looked at these blends? One thing I noticed right off is the topography is wild. It has mostly triangle mesh, but a few quads and seems to look better when NOT using smooth shading. Am I right that the RE engine doesn't smooth geometry?

If I were to add a skeleton to this thing, does anyone know where I should go to mimic the skeleton of the original? I think you have to have the same bones for animations to work even if we export the thing to iqm, is that not correct? So even if I want to start from scratch here I need some basic information about how to reverse engineer this guy.

Anything anyone can tell me will be much appreciated. At the very least I get to play with the model, and it IS a pretty cool model. Ages well, imho.
They're bugs, Wyatt. All that smart talk about live and let live. There ain't no live and let live with bugs.
- Morgan Earp, "Tombstone"
ShaneRoach

Re: Fun With RE_Player.blend

Postby bonifarz » 15 May 2016 06:22

Possibly you will find some more useful information on the old forums:
http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewforum.php?f=53

for example: http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=4361
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Unnamed » 15 May 2016 07:36

Unnamed

Postby ShaneRoach » 15 May 2016 14:52

They're bugs, Wyatt. All that smart talk about live and let live. There ain't no live and let live with bugs.
ShaneRoach

Postby ShaneRoach » 15 May 2016 15:15

ShaneRoach

Postby Unnamed » 15 May 2016 16:13

Unnamed

Postby ShaneRoach » 15 May 2016 18:36

I don't even have object data for an armature. There's nothing in any of the other layers except the first one.

LOL

I feel so stupid.

If you're feeling especially motivated and generous, screen shots appear to be the only thing I will be able to understand here.
ShaneRoach

Postby Unnamed » 15 May 2016 19:30

Do you see this in RE_Player_male.blend? If not there is something wrong. Maybe you need another version of blender, idk.
test.png
Unnamed

Postby ShaneRoach » 15 May 2016 20:40

ShaneRoach

Postby ShaneRoach » 18 May 2016 03:13

So sorry for the double post in this thread, but I needed some inspiration to get me off ranting about Wikipedia.

I am doing a model of just a human, and I was working on the feet and I kept looking at them and looking at them and they were just HUGE! So... I fixed them up - got them smaller, wondering why the professional whose instructions I was following was getting the proportions all wrong.

I was working in orthographic view. :D Had to go back and reverse all my scaling changes.

I see the unwrapped textures I think for RE's actual models, and I guess they should work to import into Blender. We'll see. I feel compelled to finish this human figure first. If anyone has any interest, this seems to be the best or certainly one of the best studies for a beginner for how to model the male human form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KXDtTvnfwo

Sure would like to see what other folks are looking at for similar work, if anything.
ShaneRoach

Postby qreeves » 18 May 2016 04:13

Yeah, I'll be looking at learning more about the modelling side of things after the release. It has become very obvious there's few reliable sources of information on the subject, so I should become one of them.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Help and Support