[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Modding for the sword

Modding for the sword

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Modding for the sword

Postby ZestyPasta » 05 Apr 2016 18:57

Fuck me if this has already been asked and if there's a wiki page about this, but I've searched multiple times.
How do you mod the weapon models? I want to make a katana in place of the sword, but I don't know what software to use and how. Do I use blender? Anywho I apologize in advance if this has already been answered.
Commonly known as in game:

Zesty Pasta
ZestyPasta

Re: Modding for the sword

Postby blakthunder » 06 Apr 2016 04:09

Basically you'd need to make the physical model in a 3d modeling package (blender, wings3d, 3dsmax, whatever), animate it (not wings3d, but blender, maybe 3dsmax), rig it, tag it and use a script to export it to a cube 2 supported format, e.g. iqm or md5. Once you have the model ready, you'd need to create a texture (also done in the modeling package, typically) then write the configuration file for it.

For your purposes, you just need to replace the sword mesh file (I believe it's an md5 mesh) with a properly-prepared katana model. This means having tags for the handle and end of the blade, or something like that. There's not much documentation on modeling/animating for cube 2 other than looking at already existing works.
blakthunder

Postby SniperGoth » 06 Apr 2016 12:55

I have a katana model made that i use when playing RE sometimes. Maybe you can use it, but it has no kind of "tags" on it because i never understood how that works :p
Attachments
20160215113137.png
20160215113144.png
20160406095457.png
It "leaks" because it has no tags.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby ZestyPasta » 06 Apr 2016 14:33

Commonly known as in game:

Zesty Pasta
ZestyPasta

Return to Help and Support