[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Few Questions

Few Questions

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Few Questions

Postby Zero » 26 Feb 2016 05:28

Blend Mapping:
I'm new to this. When I blend map. Save and come back to edit. The blend mapping disappears when I try to add more and I can no longer do live blend mapping. It makes it hard to figure out where I started and ended. Do you have to blend map all in one time before saving or? I looked at the wiki and couldn't find a answer for this.

Light Mapping:
Let's say I wanted a fresh start on light mapping and to set the light precision back to default. Is that possible? Would I basically have to delete all lights and reset everything to default before light calculation?

Map models:
I probably started this map before doing any updates from the sites original setup file. So I don't have the updated code to read the new map models. Like banner02, light2, new doors, bell etc. Even after updating I can't see them so I did a "exec config/map/models.cfg" and it added the new ones in addition to the old ones. I placed the new map model I wanted on the map and released it. Will the other players see the same map model since it's written in the hostile map config? Or will they see something else or nothing at all?

And on some finished maps. I saw that the map models they used are the only ones listed like they removed the rest. How is this possible?

Thanks for the help in advance. :)
Zero

Re: Few Questions

Postby bonifarz » 26 Feb 2016 10:12

When you edit geometry or textures, you'll notice all lightmaps get wiped in a nearby region. There textures are shown with "fullbright" lighting, and no blendmaps or envmaps are shown. Though, the mask you painted in blendmap mode is still there. If you patch the light map (F5), the texture blending should be visible again (or also after the command /showblendmap). Before saving the map, I think it is a good idea to do another full calclight (F7).

Light precision is controlled by a set of world variables, which are widely independent of the light and sunlight entities you placed on the map. So, you can adjust variables like lightprecision or blurrlms and then just recalculate the lightmap (F7). Most of these variables are included in the development version's editing menus (world vars menu). These newer menus can also be useful to select a group of entities and adjust some of their attributes, for example to replace the colour or all white lights, or to force the same radius on all lights in the selected volume.

Mapmodels are defined in the map's config, and mapmodel entities simply use an index to refer to these models. If the client does not find the mapmodel specified in the map's config, I think the model is simply omitted (invisible, no collision). When you finalize a map, you can remove all unneeded mapmodels, sounds and textures from the config. For the latter, there's the command /texturecull. I don't know of similar commands for models or sounds, maybe that's a reasonable feature request. You can add back models, sounds and textures by executing the corresponding map default cfgs. For the latter, there's also a command /texturerehash.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Zero » 27 Feb 2016 00:57

Sweet, Thanks Bonifarz. Very helpful. I'll go ahead and save this input in case this get's closed.
Zero

Postby bonifarz » 27 Feb 2016 10:17

Always glad to help.
What do you mean with "closed", a moderation action? I don't see any problem with the topic (maybe except for the generic title ;)).
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Zero » 27 Feb 2016 20:27

Yeah I just figured when some problems have been solved. The moderator would delete or close this out. :)
Zero

Postby qreeves » 28 Feb 2016 02:47

We only close/move sensitive topics such as player reports of guideline violations. The topics are left in place so people can search the forum later.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Zero » 28 Feb 2016 03:49

Oh ok, True Thanks. :)
Zero

Return to Help and Support