[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Quitting zoom mode issue

Quitting zoom mode issue

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Quitting zoom mode issue

Postby Scatter » 14 Feb 2016 22:35

Hi i have strange lag when i try to zoom with rifle and then quit the zoom mode, my mouse cursor freezes for like 1 second or less.It is particularly annoying when i try to change my targets fast. Any ideas?
Co-leader of Cube 2 clan >DOOM<
Scatter

Re: Quitting zoom mode issue

Postby qreeves » 15 Feb 2016 00:39

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Can you describe it a bit more or provide a video?
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Scatter » 15 Feb 2016 16:18

I suppose it happens during the outfading, as it is hardly but noticible on the video,my cursor jumped a little and another time it was fine.

https://youtu.be/1rskTAPoMAg
Scatter

Postby shirepirate » 15 Feb 2016 22:17

idk, closest i can guess is some GPU stutter. it's hard to see much of anything happening in the video.
shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 16 Feb 2016 04:24

Yeah, I can see how the cursor jitters just for a second and think I've narrowed it down to an errant resetcursor() in game::zoomset(). Pushing the fix to master and stable.
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Scatter » 26 Feb 2016 16:10

Thank you, i have noticed the difference.I will do more tests to find out if it is completly fixed now.
Scatter

Postby Scatter » 11 Mar 2016 20:34

Unfortunatly it still happens to me :/
Scatter

Postby Alxa » 12 Mar 2016 17:42

Scatter, i watched your video, but i don't think you have a problem. That "lag" seems normal; when you zoom in, your sensitivity is changed into a .65 of your normal sensitivity, and that change stays until the animation of the scope ends. So, thats just how the game is programmed to work -i think-.

The problem i had that i mentioned yesterday was different. My pointer got stuck for 5 or more seconds unless i pressed the chat button (thank god it only happens every 3 days or so).
Visit our clan webpage: >SOON<
Visit the Koos Youtube channel:
Alxa

Postby qreeves » 14 Mar 2016 04:31

|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Alxa » 15 Mar 2016 03:46

Alxa

Postby qreeves » 16 Mar 2016 06:58

If there's an issue with zoomlevel, it'd be good to check if it still happens in the development version as I recently made extensive changes to zooming in order to accommodate "remembering zoom state". If it still exists, the is the place to report it.
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Alxa » 21 Mar 2016 19:08

Oh perfect. I will wait for 1.6 and i will report back if i still have the same problem.
Alxa

Postby Dziq » 22 Mar 2016 02:35

Why you not update now ? it not hurt to do :-)
Dziq

Postby Alxa » 22 Mar 2016 03:41

I'm dumb
Alxa

Return to Help and Support