[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Ping too high/Mac alt+tabbing

Ping too high/Mac alt+tabbing

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Ping too high/Mac alt+tabbing

Postby amsyarZeRo » 27 Dec 2015 11:12

Hello!

I need some help.When I play on a server,my ping is high,average 200~.How can I reduce this?

Also I use a Mac and when I try to alt+tab,the game makes the minimise animation and then there's just a black screen.The music still plays,but I cannot press anything.Pressing esc just makes the sound when you click something on Red Eclipse.The only way is to use the Force Quit hotkeys.Please fix!

Thanks! :D
A normal player.
---Laptop specs---
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming 7567(Windows 10)
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ 2.5GHz 4GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
amsyarZeRo

Re: Ping too high/Mac alt+tabbing

Postby bonifarz » 27 Dec 2015 12:46

I don't use any apple products, so maybe i'm the wrong guy to answer first. But two things might help: F10 to toggle the mouse pointer state when RE is active, and switching to windowed mode in case you are playing in full-screen mode.

Concerning ping times, that's nothing to "please fix", but you are free to play on servers that have a better ping time for you. When few players are online, you mainly want to play on "that" server where everyone else is, but if lag is bad, you can still come to an agreement with the other players to move to another game server. Note that some players do pretty well with pings around 200ms.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby qreeves » 28 Dec 2015 03:01

Yeah, OpenGL fullscreen window handling has always been a bit dodgy. I'm hoping the ALT-tab issue will be fixed when we migrate to SDL 2. I do have a Mac and I am aware of the issue though.

You can safely play RE with pings up to about 350ms, the more important aspect regarding connection stability is your "packet jump" ("scorepj 1") which should sit around 40ms (the rate at which RE clients send updates). If it goes up or moves around erratically, your connection is unstable and you should try another server.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby amsyarZeRo » 13 Mar 2016 13:36

@bonifarz @qreeves Thanks for the info!
A normal player.
---Laptop specs---
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming 7567(Windows 10)
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ 2.5GHz 4GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
amsyarZeRo

Return to Help and Support