[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - hangs on start up - gpu not supported

hangs on start up - gpu not supported

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

hangs on start up - gpu not supported

Postby DHKGUNsLINGER » 19 Nov 2015 13:58

I just downloaded and installed Red eclipse
And when I start the game a Command prompt opens and the game updates(?)
And it displayed this-------------------------------------------------------------------
(The maximum number of allowed characters is only 5000 so I decided to upload the output of Command prompt in another website. Link-- http://textuploader.com/5la1p )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And some of the hashes in the last line flash.
And it stays forever on the screen...
PLEASE REPLY/HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND I HATE THESE TYPE OF ERRORS!

EDIT:
I left the command prompt like that and forgot about it
And when I remember about it,
It isn't there open,
It got closed
And the game suddenly opened and I got an error saying the game has stopped working
And I closed it and again I opened the game
The command prompt appeared and got closed in 0.2-9 seconds
And the game opened, as soon as the black screen(Full screen) appears,
The game stops working.......
So another problem...
Last edited by DHKGUNsLINGER on 21 Nov 2015 15:32, edited 2 times in total.
DHKGUNsLINGER

Re: Game not starting/Command prompt problem

Postby bonifarz » 19 Nov 2015 15:09

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby DHKGUNsLINGER » 19 Nov 2015 15:45

Hey!!
Before I do what you told me to do
I left the command prompt like that and forgot about it
And when I remember about it,
It isn't there open,
It got closed
And the game suddenly opened and I got an error saying the game has stopped working
And I closed it and again I opened the game
The command prompt appeared and got closed in 0.2-9 seconds
And the game opened, as soon as the black screen(Full screen) appears,
The game stops working.......
So another problem...
Help me!!
DHKGUNsLINGER

Re: Game Stops Working (Check "EDIT")

Postby DHKGUNsLINGER » 19 Nov 2015 15:58

The replies above this reply are before I edited the Topic
The problem got changed
DHKGUNsLINGER

Postby bonifarz » 19 Nov 2015 15:59

Okay, then probably the updater did its thing just fine, but the terminal output was glitched (status bars showing crazy stuff, had that once, too).
With your following problem reports, you need to be more specific - you got a windows error message stating that the "program has stopped working"? That could indicate something went wrong with the updater (e.g. if the game does not find needed data to load).
Don't worry if you see a terminal for just a few seconds before the game launches - that's just the automatic check for updates.
Did you download the installer from the official site, redeclipse.net? Maybe you got an older version from somewhere else, and the updater struggles with a change in the submodules we once had. A fresh install will then probably be the easiest solution.
Another thing you can try is to ask for help on the IRC channel, http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=redeclipse maybe a core developer can help you out there.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby DHKGUNsLINGER » 19 Nov 2015 16:12

"you need to be more specific"
...ok
Yes, I got a windows error stating that the "program has stopped working"
Well I found no errors on the updater terminal..
Yes, I downloaded a torrent from the official site(I downloaded it Yesterday), redeclipse.net
So there's no doubt that it's not an older version
(I can't be more specific than this cuz my grammar sucks..)
DHKGUNsLINGER

Postby bonifarz » 20 Nov 2015 08:06

I replied to your PM.
In summary:
Is this the fist time you install RE on this machine? If not, does removing your user data help? (Documents, My Games, Red Eclipse)
What OS (win 7,8 or 10, 32 or 64 bit) and what GPU (graphics card) are you using? Are the GPU drivers up to date?
Does the game hang before you can see the main menu? If so, does that change if you add showmainplayerprev = [0] to config.cfg in your user data?
| | | |
bonifarz

Re: (CANNOT BE SOLVED FOREVER!) Game Stops Working

Postby bonifarz » 23 Nov 2015 10:12

According to another PM, gunslinger's GPU does not support shaders. I'll change the title for clarity.
| | | |
bonifarz

Return to Help and Support