[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [EDITOR] changing float speed with keys
Switch to full style
Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc

Forum rules

The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss
Topic locked

[EDITOR] changing float speed with keys

28 Jul 2015 15:23

Hi, For my client I changed almost all keybinds for better experience, added some binds that are missing etc.
However there is one thing that I can't do so I wrote this now, maybe some of the RE wizards jumps in and wrote what I want :)

So there a short description about what I need:

First some ingredients:
two keys involved : (" [ " and " ] ")
6 floatspeed variables : 10 , 50, 200, 500, 1000, 2500

So everytime when I press a one key ('[') it use lower speed variable (from preconfigured speed variables as seen above), and second key (']') scrool througth that list in reversed fashion :)

Can its possible to do ? :) Anyway, thanks for advance and hoping that someone help me with that..

Re: [EDITOR] changing float speed with keys

28 Jul 2015 17:34

28 Jul 2015 18:59

nice ! Just tested it and its working nice :) only the first value is not accessible (but its possible to add first 'dummy' value like 1) Thank You :) Maybe someone else grab this code too :)

PS: RaZgRIZ from IRC working on something like that too :)

28 Jul 2015 19:10

29 Jul 2015 02:07

Maybe someone should do a pull request with this one?

29 Jul 2015 08:37

Good start, RaZgRiZ.

You probably want to make a PR yourself, right?
For the min/max check, you could also use getvarmax / getvarmin for the actual limits. Maybe then you don't even need a list of preset values, but do the op with increments or multipliers?
Setting up a modifier key for universaldelta (mouse wheel) could be nice, indeed. But I guess you will need to dig into the engine code for this? There's also this https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/blo ... engine.cfg *shrug*
If this will be added, I can make sure the bind is in the defaults (setup.cfg) and shown in the menus edting -> editoptions and options --> controls.

Another, different thought: In game, we already have two modifiers for four different walk speeds: Crouch and walk with defaults on Shift and Ctrl, respectively. If four speeds are enough for floating, maybe we could do the same for a much simpler solution?

29 Jul 2015 10:44

29 Jul 2015 15:50

Thank you for that effort :) Now flying around maps and editing is no more irritating :) I don't understand maybe, but now with user configurable list of presets its very nice :) I dont imagine fixed speedfloat variables for this , every user has own taste and now everyone can alter these presets, I have 6 of them - but another user might like 20 ;p

08 Aug 2016 19:33

Topic locked