[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [EDITOR] changing float speed with keys

[EDITOR] changing float speed with keys

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[EDITOR] changing float speed with keys

Postby Dziq » 28 Jul 2015 15:23

Hi, For my client I changed almost all keybinds for better experience, added some binds that are missing etc.
However there is one thing that I can't do so I wrote this now, maybe some of the RE wizards jumps in and wrote what I want :)

So there a short description about what I need:

First some ingredients:
two keys involved : (" [ " and " ] ")
6 floatspeed variables : 10 , 50, 200, 500, 1000, 2500

So everytime when I press a one key ('[') it use lower speed variable (from preconfigured speed variables as seen above), and second key (']') scrool througth that list in reversed fashion :)

Can its possible to do ? :) Anyway, thanks for advance and hoping that someone help me with that..
Dziq

Re: [EDITOR] changing float speed with keys

Postby Unnamed » 28 Jul 2015 17:34

Unnamed

Postby Dziq » 28 Jul 2015 18:59

nice ! Just tested it and its working nice :) only the first value is not accessible (but its possible to add first 'dummy' value like 1) Thank You :) Maybe someone else grab this code too :)

PS: RaZgRIZ from IRC working on something like that too :)
Dziq

Postby RaZgRiZ » 28 Jul 2015 19:10

RaZgRiZ

Postby qreeves » 29 Jul 2015 02:07

Maybe someone should do a pull request with this one?
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 29 Jul 2015 08:37

Good start, RaZgRiZ.

You probably want to make a PR yourself, right?
For the min/max check, you could also use getvarmax / getvarmin for the actual limits. Maybe then you don't even need a list of preset values, but do the op with increments or multipliers?
Setting up a modifier key for universaldelta (mouse wheel) could be nice, indeed. But I guess you will need to dig into the engine code for this? There's also this https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/blo ... engine.cfg *shrug*
If this will be added, I can make sure the bind is in the defaults (setup.cfg) and shown in the menus edting -> editoptions and options --> controls.

Another, different thought: In game, we already have two modifiers for four different walk speeds: Crouch and walk with defaults on Shift and Ctrl, respectively. If four speeds are enough for floating, maybe we could do the same for a much simpler solution?
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby RaZgRiZ » 29 Jul 2015 10:44

RaZgRiZ

Postby Dziq » 29 Jul 2015 15:50

Thank you for that effort :) Now flying around maps and editing is no more irritating :) I don't understand maybe, but now with user configurable list of presets its very nice :) I dont imagine fixed speedfloat variables for this , every user has own taste and now everyone can alter these presets, I have 6 of them - but another user might like 20 ;p
Dziq

Postby restcoser » 08 Aug 2016 19:33

restcoser

Return to Help and Support