[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Help with Mapping

Help with Mapping

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Help with Mapping

Postby mymdroidname » 12 Mar 2014 22:23

I'm in the process of creating a map.It's going good and, thanks to the community and the wiki here, etc... I've found most of what I need. However, I'm stuck on my map, not being able to figure out how to create 3 things:
1. a Door
2 .a way to make the door move (a trigger command)
3. add new textures to a partially-created map

[elaborating]

1. I've spent 2 hours looking for the command on how to create a door (ive been using, as an example /newent light 300 180 180 180), but I can't find anything that begins with slash (/) that will help me create a door. [if you can send me a command or even a door and tell me how to set it up, I'm partially into my stage and need lots of doors later on]

2. I need the slash (/) command to create a trigger (all of this I found easier to do in Sauerbraten but I don't want to transfer over because I like Red Eclipse more). [If someone could send me the command for that as well]

3. I have a partially created map. I have the main Red Eclipse textures listed under 'editing' 'textures' when I edit my map so they work great. What I want to do is add more textures to that list (like grass_aard.png from Sauerbraten) so that I can have realistic grass on my map. I don't even know how to remotely do this, all I know is I think it's a slash (/) command also.

I could make much of my map without these, but I'd prefer to make it piece by piece (so that I add a door, make it move, add some grass around it and move on).

I'm new to Red Eclipse. I thought I had everything working fine until I ran into these 3 problems. I've tried to find answers but I'm lost.

Help needed,
Harrison
mymdroidname

Re: Help with Mapping

Postby SniperGoth » 13 Mar 2014 01:26

1-Spawn the door mapmodel (its the 6th and 7th mapmodels, /newent mapmodel 6).

2-Spawn a trigger ( /newent trigger) .

3-Configure the trigger with your desire.
Trigger property types:
Link: makes the mapmodel/action work at all times, when used.
Script: loads a script when you pass/activate the trigger.
Toggle: well, it toggles between trigger on and trigger off.
Once: the trigger is usable only 1 time per match, when you activate it.
Exit: lap finisher? Map finisher? Never used it, so i don't remember it's effect D:
Then we have the Action properties.
Manual: it's a normal action.
Proximity: The trigger activates when you pass through it.
Action: The trigger requires a USE button press, for it to activate.

4- Select both the mapmodel/door you're using, and the Trigger entity, press L to link them.

5-Done.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 13 Mar 2014 13:45

Some of my maps:

..will be updated soon ;)
Greaserpirate2

Postby unixfreak » 13 Mar 2014 22:56

For the door, SniperGoth hopefully got you sorted, but here's a tutorial i wrote with some pictures if it makes things more clear:
http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/topic,946.0.html
unixfreak

Return to Help and Support