[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [SOLVED] Help with importing vanity items (bones/armature)

[SOLVED] Help with importing vanity items (bones/armature)

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[SOLVED] Help with importing vanity items (bones/armature)

Postby unixfreak » 20 Oct 2014 15:57

Attachments
witchhat.zip
(279.92 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last edited by unixfreak on 20 Oct 2014 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
unixfreak

Re: Help with importing vanity items (bones/armature)

Postby unixfreak » 20 Oct 2014 16:53

Do i need to name the armature "tag_headtop" ? Tried this, but i notice no change. The hat placement doesn't seem to care about the bone. argh!
I've also tried all the other options in this submenu; http://i.imgur.com/UNlqFTI.png
unixfreak

Postby unixfreak » 20 Oct 2014 17:40

Ok, i understadn now that .obj doesn't support bones.
Used an md3 exporter plugin, although i get the same behaviour...
unixfreak

Postby unixfreak » 20 Oct 2014 19:23

Trying to use iqm exporter now, confused if it's something i'm doing wrong with armatures within blender or the model format is the issue.

Any ideas?

So far i've learnt that;
obj doesn't support bones
md3 is vertex animation (not bones)
md5 has bone support (but no exporter seems to work)
iqm supports bones (but exporter doesn't seem to work either)

What am i missing
ps; blend file attached below if anyone else can figure it out?
Attachments
witchhat.blend.zip
(106.94 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
unixfreak

Postby Unnamed » 20 Oct 2014 20:42

The iqm exporter qorks just fine. You have to select both the mesh and the armature before exporting:
wh01.png
wh01.png (22.94 KiB) Viewed 5120 times

And this is how it looks in-game:
20141020223407.png
20141020223407.png (34.38 KiB) Viewed 5120 times

You just have to play around with mdltrans as the model is inside the head.
Unnamed

Postby unixfreak » 20 Oct 2014 21:24

Yeah, i tried that a few times, but get the same error about "boneorder" as in the screenshot above.

I'm running the precompiled 2.64 release of blender, What version of blender are you using there?

Edit; nevermind, seems to be a problem with the 2.64 exporter.
v2.63 works!

It seems to be rigged properly now, and it doesn't look half bad for my first real attempt at doing this.

Attached the vanity below if anyone wants to use it. I might try find some more Halloween themed models to convert to vanities. Think broomstick, pumpkin head, etc :lol:

Witch hat looks like this:

Also, it has 666 vertices (which is kind of fitting in a creepy way)
Attachments
witchhat.zip
(189.15 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
unixfreak

Re: [SOLVED] Help with importing vanity items (bones/armatur

Postby qreeves » 21 Oct 2014 02:12

As far as I know, you don't need to tag the vanities themselves, they will place themselves at the model's "origin" vector. You can then offset it using mdltrans to put it in the right place on the character. The tag is just the name of the tag on the player model where you want to locate the attachment.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 21 Oct 2014 02:32

off topic but this screenshot made me burst out laughing:

lol where am i going
shirepirate

Postby unixfreak » 21 Oct 2014 17:33

Attachments
pumpkin.zip
(709.25 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
unixfreak

Postby unixfreak » 27 Apr 2016 14:23

Attachments
staff.zip
(466.75 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
unixfreak

Postby bonifarz » 27 Apr 2016 14:40

That looks good, unixfreak :)

The two vanities mentioned above have been added to the master branch just a few days ago, but i did not realize this topic here was around for such a long time.
Also, last week end I have revamped the vanity tab of the profile menu, I hope it is now more intuitive to pick a set of vanities that do not override each other.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby blakthunder » 27 Apr 2016 23:07

blakthunder

Postby qreeves » 28 Apr 2016 09:54

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 28 Apr 2016 12:37

Right,I will tweak the menus later. Maybe there's a few more points to discuss, but I don't want to go off-topic here. Oh, and here's the preview from the issue on github, cannot go wrong with another screenshot here.
EDIT: Snapshot moved to a new topic, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=931
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby blakthunder » 28 Apr 2016 17:41

Attachments
20160428113106.png
20160428113108.png
blakthunder

Return to Help and Support