[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Adding new weapons?

Adding new weapons?

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Adding new weapons?

Postby captainblo » 29 Apr 2017 06:37

captainblo

Re: Adding new weapons?

Postby qreeves » 29 Apr 2017 07:12

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby captainblo » 29 Apr 2017 13:42

captainblo

Postby captainblo » 29 Apr 2017 15:08

Update:

Turning on showboundingbox did not show any kind of debug info or bounding box on hudweapon models. I've fixed my coordinates in Blender and adjusted the size. I've also renamed my root bone to "tag_weapon". Still, nothing shows, just the default player hands.
captainblo

Postby qreeves » 30 Apr 2017 02:07

HUD weapons ("hweaps") don't work like they do in other games, we have a player model and the weapons attach to that just like the regular player model views (aka "vweaps"). It doesn't matter what the name of the root bone is so long as you add the tag definition in the model config file.

Issues of this nature usually just come down to not knowing how to properly configure the model, rather than playing a game of cat and mouse trying to forever guess what you're doing wrong it would be better for you to provide the files you have and let us check them for errors.
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby SniperGoth » 30 Apr 2017 05:33

Yeah, adding weapons, or replacing, can be a pain in the ass to do when first dealing with it.
I did make some custom weapons for myself, so i'll try to write a simple guide on the steps to make it work.
I think by the end of the week it will be ready, as im quite busy with IRL stuff these last days.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby captainblo » 30 Apr 2017 18:14

I have the tag definition, both on the configuration file and the model. The root bone of my weapon is called "tag_weapon" and i've used iqmtag to map it to itself: "iqmtag tag_weapon tag_weapon". I've also tried just doing "iqmtag Root tag_weapon", but also did not work.

I want to understand the whole thing so i can automate it later with a Blender script and share with others. Having to fiddle with this kind of thing is a mood killer for any artist.
captainblo

Postby qreeves » 01 May 2017 01:45

As a community project I make it a point to tell people where they're going wrong and instructing them how to do things properly, I just can't provide that information if I have no idea what you're doing wrong, which is why I suggest providing the files for error checking.
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Alxa » 02 May 2017 21:23

Visit our clan webpage: >SOON<
Visit the Koos Youtube channel:
Alxa

Postby SniperGoth » 06 May 2017 03:55

I can't get Shadowplay to work, and a non-video tutorial would be kinda hard to do, since it does require some steps that are kinda "eh" to do.
But your best bet for now, is exporting the model's iqm file without bones/animations, and on the model config (hwep/vwep/item folders ), don't change any of the default values aside from the iqmload one.
Then you'll need to do some fine tuning to get the model scale right compared to the player's hands... and that process takes a LONG time to do.
Since we don't have any sort of iqm importer to study the weapon models and how they are configured, i suggest getting an earlier version of blender with a md5 importer, and an earlier version of RE, because before, we used md5's, not iqm.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby Zero » 06 May 2017 19:14

New or edited weapons would be nice. :D I hope to see what you come up with. I believe the RE Team was/is working on this general idea and made a topic about it. You can create your own and see what the community or team thinks about it. Here's a topic with some general community idea's if it'll help. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=681
Zero

Return to Help and Support