Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
06 Nov 2016 10:24
It looks like the game_players table on the master server stores the player's name and handle, where the name is their currently set 'name' and the handle is what they register for on this .
Just out of curiosity, what actually happens when that form gets submitted?
06 Nov 2016 13:23
That form is processed manually, a key pair is generated, the public key and handle go into a configuration file and the private key with usage instructions is sent to the submitter.
The game_players table is part of the statistics system, it has nothing to do with actual authentication. That table specifically just records a player's state in a game, such as name, time played, deaths, etc.
06 Nov 2016 20:16
Cool, that makes sense.
The reason I ask is I think the 'please allow 4 weeks' for processing may prevent people from signing up in the first place. People tend to like instant gratification. I realize that this is more of a reserving a community handle as opposed to having player progression and unlockables that gets associated with their account, but still, maybe we could streamline this process?
I've been working on a gui to generate keypairs in game. I don't how to go forward with this, which is why I asked about the handles.
Here are some screen shots:
- The identity selector screen. Generally a person will have a single identity, but it could be useful if players are using a shared computer. Also good for testing.
- The files get stored in a subdirectory of the RE home directory.
- An example of an identity file.
- In this picture I am about to sign a message from in game. This is not the anticipated use case, its just for testing.
- Here's the result of signing the message which was stored in the $sig variable.
Basically I'm at a point where I can't go forward with this on my own, so I'm trying to gather some information so I can make a coherent sounding post. Thanks
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.