[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Key to Spawn is Missing

Key to Spawn is Missing

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Key to Spawn is Missing

Postby LS5000 » 06 Sep 2016 12:56

So I was playing RE on Linux like 4 years ago, and I had no problems, just installed it and was able to play instantly. Now I installed it on Windows 10, and I start the game. Somehow I cannot join teams. Turns out I have to read RE wiki to find out I had to copy paste a file to the main directory. WTF, devs? This is deliberately killing the game. I mean ffs, what are they thinking?
LS5000

Re: Game is dying?

Postby shacknetisp » 06 Sep 2016 13:07

What file are you referring to?
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby bonifarz » 06 Sep 2016 13:10

Welcome back, LS5000
This problem is not known to me. Can you elaborate what file you had to copy, and how exactly you installed the game? E.g. did you use an installer (exe) or tarball from redeclipse.net/download, or from another source? Or did you maybe clone the development version (master) from gihub?
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby LS5000 » 06 Sep 2016 13:15

Turns out it did not solve the problem. Here is a screenshot https://s17.postimg.org/wdb9nurxr/image.png
So do I press nothing to join?

I tried everything. When I press . or f7 and choose a team it says awaiting for comfirmation or smth. And nothing happens.
LS5000

Postby LS5000 » 06 Sep 2016 13:16

LS5000

Postby LS5000 » 06 Sep 2016 13:19

One guy in the game said he knew other ppl having the same problem. I mean, how in the name of #^$*% do you overlook such shit. And you guys are wondering the game is dying? :/ Not trying to be a dick here, but I am a busy guy and just wanna play the game. Don't have a lot of time to tweak the game manually.
LS5000

Postby LS5000 » 06 Sep 2016 13:41

So if anyone has a fix to this, I'd appreciate it. :)
LS5000

Postby LS5000 » 06 Sep 2016 13:43

LS5000

Postby shacknetisp » 06 Sep 2016 13:50

The fix for the information is incoming.
You can spawn by using the MOUSE2 button, which is a right-click.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Re: Key to Spawn is Missing

Postby freezurbern » 06 Sep 2016 15:08

freezurbern

Postby bonifarz » 06 Sep 2016 15:31

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby FaTony » 06 Sep 2016 22:42

Having the same problem. I've rebound the key via gui.
FaTony

Postby bonifarz » 07 Sep 2016 09:17

If you say you had to rebind the key to fix your problem, then it was probably an old bind (spectator instead of spectate) in your user config. The problem on the screenshot is that the on-screen tip tries to look up the old command, and therefore displays no (functional) keys. See also: https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/issues/508
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby qreeves » 12 Sep 2016 08:39

Fix pushed to stable. Sorry for the delay, I have an epic flu at the moment combining nastily with my regular chronic health conditions resulting in pain just moving around.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Help and Support