[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Other bugs I have found...

Other bugs I have found...

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Other bugs I have found...

Postby GeneralKarnage » 02 Aug 2016 03:24

Here are some bugs I have found:

1). Claw attack animations do not play at all in first person, and only play for primary attack in second person.

2). Geometry textures "flicker" (this is about all I can describe it as. The normal for the texture appears to turn on and off for a brief moment, and only for select areas of maps. This may, however, be a problem on my end. I don't exactly have the best graphics card on the market... :) ).
GeneralKarnage

Re: Other bugs I have found...

Postby bonifarz » 02 Aug 2016 07:27

When reporting bugs, remember that you can check the current issue list, also to see what is already fixed in the development version: https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/issues

Your first point is reported here, https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/issues/521, but I don't think it's fixed yet.

Concerning flickering, there's this: https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/issues/421
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby GeneralKarnage » 03 Aug 2016 21:50

Thanks, bonifarz. I'll remember that. Is there any way to fix these bugs? Or do I need to wait for the next update?
GeneralKarnage

Postby bonifarz » 04 Aug 2016 09:19

Well, it's two very different "bugs" here.

For the claw, it's just missing (placeholder) art. The animation is in the iqm file, and it's probably easy for one of the artists here to fix this by taking the sword2 animation. Once that's fixed in master, you could just put the new iqm file in the right place of your user content (home/data/weapons/claw/claw.iqm).

The flickering you observe is maybe a GPU driver issue. Actually, the issue I linked above is something completely different from your description :)
| | | |
bonifarz

Return to Help and Support