[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Train

[MAP] Train

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] Train

Postby FaTony » 07 Apr 2016 03:51

Attachments
train1.png
train2.png
train.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
Last edited by FaTony on 14 Dec 2016 12:25, edited 8 times in total.
FaTony

Re: [MAP] Train

Postby FaTony » 08 Apr 2016 13:12

FaTony

Postby SniperGoth » 08 Apr 2016 14:02

I like the map overall, the layout is simple, can sort of be used for Gauntlet as it is.
I also like the fact that one can go sneaking around under the train.
But here's my suggestions:
The cabin's envmap effect is a bit strong as it is.
Use fogdomemax 1, fogdomeheight 0 and fog 1500 to mask better the edge of the map and give more of the "infinity" tunnel (see screenshot).
Attachments
20160408105805.png
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby FaTony » 09 Apr 2016 04:06

FaTony

Postby Zero » 09 Apr 2016 17:34

I tried this map out this morning. Actually looks pretty nice. Really feels like your moving. One team dropping out of the ship reminds me of the map, "Descent" I haven't played a match yet but I'm sure it'd be fun. :)
Zero

Postby bonifarz » 01 May 2016 06:41

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby FaTony » 01 May 2016 11:35

FaTony

Postby FaTony » 01 May 2016 12:30

FaTony

Postby FaTony » 30 May 2016 11:15

FaTony

Postby Dziq » 02 Jun 2016 01:40

Simple and nice, envmap in front car is really too strong, this is an mirror? :p this looking strange especially when looking from outside. I found just one rocket where blue base is, this is advantage to blue team over red. Also I like now how map blends nicelly to background. Anyway it reminds me of UT99 map where one team start on helicopter and need to disable a train :) eh memories.
Maybe map is not so detailed but has good flow (except rocket thingy). Also as Boni stated, it will be nice to add another rocks with slower panning speed and maybe new sand texture with blend texture (this will allow to break emptyness, especially when you want to use a grass here and here) :) good work
Dziq

Postby bonifarz » 02 Jun 2016 07:11

I really wonder if the background scenery problem could be solved with mapmodels. (When snipergoth published his mountain/landscape models, i experimented with overlapping rings of spinning landscapes, but that got HUGE and therefore ugly).

Could a landscape have an animation that results in a periodic shift? I guess you cannot have periodic boundary conditions in your animation, but if the shift is looped with a jump, the model geometry has the right boundaries and two or more models are correctly aligned, we could get a nice moving 3d background.

Considering the "aircraft", are you interested in a collaboration? I was experimenting with geometry for a quadcopter, but I don't know if I will finish that.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby FaTony » 02 Jun 2016 14:41

FaTony

Postby SniperGoth » 03 Jun 2016 00:08

Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby qreeves » 03 Jun 2016 01:13

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Unnamed » 03 Jun 2016 08:06

Unnamed

Postby FaTony » 03 Jun 2016 08:39

FaTony

Postby bonifarz » 03 Jun 2016 08:52

Map design based on graph theory? XD
Haha, maybe one day you'll implement a random map generator that applies the formulas you have in mind ;)
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby FaTony » 03 Jun 2016 20:23

FaTony

Postby LugariusRE » 20 Jun 2016 18:39

Awesome
LugariusRE

Postby GeneralKarnage » 25 Jun 2016 13:52

Great map, FaTony! I like that you can hide under the train. Also, great use of reflections (is that what an envmap does?) in the dining car and cab.

It does remind me of "Acceleration". Do you think you could add pushers on the ground, so that dead players roll away to simulate movement of the train? I remember that "Acceleration" had that, and it added a lot of realism. Not that it really matters, but it would be a nice touch.
GeneralKarnage

Postby FaTony » 25 Jun 2016 15:23

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I can add pushers.
FaTony

Postby bonifarz » 27 Jul 2016 20:28

Okay, a quadcopter won't fit here. But I have played around with your air craft geometry. Tried to patch, smoothen and round it, while keeping the overall shape and the interior intact. I've also fixed the modelspin issue you reported and added death material on the noclipped rotors. The revamped geometry is applied only to the left half of the plane, so you can compare it better with the original. What do you think?
Attachments
trainpatch1.jpg
trainpatch2.jpg
trainpatch3.jpg
trainpatch.zip
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby FaTony » 28 Jul 2016 18:17

Hmm, for some reason all textures in your map are changed, I've tried to copy .cfg file but still can't get it to work, can you post all the files?
FaTony

Postby bonifarz » 28 Jul 2016 20:43

Oh, okay. Based it on the version in the topic's header. Anyway, I've put a new mpz and cfg in a zip right above, with some small geometry tweaks on the plane patch.
Also added some dust particles for you to review. I tuned the color, width, rate and shape. Do you think the particles fit? It's just another detail to add to the outdoor movement illusion :)
If you like the idea, maybe you can add some more particles and lower the fade time, so you get a better response to player movement.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby FaTony » 29 Jul 2016 17:29

FaTony

Postby FaTony » 11 Aug 2016 18:46

FaTony

Postby FaTony » 13 Dec 2016 12:07

FaTony