[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] The Moon Base

[MAP] The Moon Base

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] The Moon Base

Postby FaTony » 17 Mar 2016 21:23

Attachments
moon1.png
moon2.png
moon3.png
moon4.png
moon5.png
moon.zip
(13.7 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by FaTony on 19 Dec 2016 10:14, edited 6 times in total.
FaTony

Re: [MAP] Space Station

Postby FaTony » 21 Mar 2016 17:20

FaTony

Postby shirepirate » 21 Mar 2016 22:07

i think this map is too simple. i wouldn't call it bad, but i'd like to see something more inspired from you. it's too bright everywhere making the lighting overall pretty mundane, though granted it is in space. the closest route from one flag to another (the teleport behind omega flag) is very boring and would get repetitive very quickly. it also leaves little reason to venture to the rest of the map in the CTF game mode, other than to pick up the rocket.

every hallway is the same, and while a good and unique layout that flows is a plus-side in a map you need to fill it with appropriate details and have it fit the strategy of the game modes. i'd start again from scratch or choose a different theme for a map, i can't say there was anything that excited me about this map at all and it would really take an overhaul to make it any better.

i think you have some good creations in you yet though, so don't give up :)
shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 22 Mar 2016 05:13

I'd have to agree the "modules" are a bit flat and boring, while there are some nice details the overall layout is a bit bland. Some modules, for example, could be semi-spherical (I know this is hard) with a more open space for showdowns with enemies. There's also a severe lack of verticality (the whole level is mostly on a single plane) and cover in this map which I feel would encumber good parkour and other evasive manoeuvres.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby FaTony » 22 Mar 2016 08:49

Well, yes, I will probably expand the map. Meanwhile, there are worth checking out.
FaTony

Postby SniperGoth » 22 Mar 2016 14:30

You can make the lightning of the map better just by turning down the light radius and messing with some basic settings, like on my screenshot.
Attachments
20160322112701.png
spacestationSG.mpz
The map file if you'd like to implement my little changes.
(416.4 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby FaTony » 22 Mar 2016 14:38

Oh, that's dark as hell.
FaTony

Postby freezurbern » 22 Mar 2016 15:09

freezurbern

Postby FaTony » 24 Mar 2016 10:31

Attachments
20160324132348.png
FaTony

Postby restcoser » 24 Mar 2016 18:32

I feel you need to give the map some "outer life", provide some structure around the map, so that its not just a layout floating in space ^^ (say, struts, space station elements? thrusters or something) good to see some of the other issues adressed ^^
restcoser

Postby blakthunder » 24 Mar 2016 19:19

blakthunder

Postby bonifarz » 24 Mar 2016 20:42

I think a more colorful skybox can make this look much nicer, with all these glass walls, ceilings and floor elements. Have you tried Unnamed's space skyboxes yet?
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby FaTony » 25 Mar 2016 04:05

FaTony

Postby FaTony » 31 Mar 2016 19:22

FaTony

Re: [MAP] The Moon Base

Postby FaTony » 13 Dec 2016 08:08

FaTony

Postby FaTony » 15 Dec 2016 09:20

FaTony

Postby SniperGoth » 18 Dec 2016 21:21

The outside needs some sort of occlusion, as the performance is terrible when im there mostly.
Lighting is still too damn bright for it's own good, and too white (where's the contrast and colours?). Some variation would be very welcome, mostly in the various bases, as they all look the same as it is, quite confusing.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby FaTony » 19 Dec 2016 10:07

FaTony

Postby FaTony » 19 Dec 2016 10:16

FaTony

Postby SmokinBoots » 04 Jun 2017 08:27

Ay blyat! You beat me to it!
I was also working on a moon-style map. Will it be a problem if I still upload it (when it's finished)?
SmokinBoots

Postby molexted » 04 Jun 2017 18:20

Note that FaTony has been banned, so he's not going to be available for comment.
Regardless, you can still upload your own map, since it's your own work. You don't need permission to do that.
Full disclaimer: I own an Opteron.
molexted

Postby SmokinBoots » 05 Jun 2017 06:42

What'd he do to end up like that?
SmokinBoots

Return to Maps and Mods