[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [gui] skyboxes
Switch to full style
User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc

Forum rules

The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss
Topic locked

[gui] skyboxes

30 Jun 2015 11:23

Attachments
skybox.jpg

Re: [gui] skyboxes

30 Jun 2015 13:06

Okay, looked at it and its fancy :P

it spams unknow alias lookup:slider for me the whole time, am i doing something wrong?

you also have much space in the bottom right, so maybe fit stuff like a skycolour selector, yawsky and stuff like that there? other than that nice work

maybe we need a circular menu for editing where you can see all the most useful guis, because i usually end up using only the console, which can take unneccesary time. i could bind that compass to mouse6 or something in editing, and by default theres probably space on the keyboard somewhere for that.

30 Jun 2015 13:56

30 Jun 2015 15:58

That will be useful thanks. For a long time i copied the cubescript from sauerbratens skybox viewer, but had to manually list the paths to the skyboxes. This is alot better. Good job.

30 Jun 2015 22:47

ive actually used a compass menu for a decent while, they are faster when used a fair amount of times since your brain quickly memorizes the sector to move to (especially when you create circle-submenus)

that said, that was just my idea and i suppose ill have to do it myself if i want it :P

07 Jul 2015 20:43

Right, compasses can be quick in some cases, not only because of the directions, but most of all due to the shortcut keys. I remember a compass with circular prefabs that worked pretty well. So, while compasses and menus are maybe not faster than the console for setting up stuff, I have to agree they could really help to find the menus that help you look up things. Actually, when I had a look at putting the skyboxes here into editing.cfg to make a PR, I realize there is an environment menu I have not seen for ages, and it even contains a (very minimalistic) skybox tab. Now, there's so many things that could be improved in those editing menus *shrug*. And that worked pretty fine, especially for editing selected entities. I guess the reason it has never been merged is that it is quite difficult to disentangle and maintain? But there's lots of cool stuff we could use for an editing menu overhaul! Probably the only weakness of that menu was that double row of tabs at the top, which could be rather confusing. But I think exactly these could be used for your editing-compass idea... two key presses and you get the menu you need.
Topic locked