[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Q009's thread of new game sounds majig

Q009's thread of new game sounds majig

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Q009's thread of new game sounds majig

Postby ImQ009 » 26 Jun 2015 20:37

A thread where I'll be posting all my sounds made specifically for Red Eclipse in order to replace the old ones.
If you have any suggestions regarding my work I highly encourage you to reply below.
I can provide higher quality files if needed by anyone, just ask.

Everything's licensed under CC BY-SA

Currently only reload and notification sounds.
I think the original shoot sounds are quite nice so I don't think I'll be remaking those unless suggested otherwise.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/272 ... pistol.zip

Currently only primary and secondary sounds.

Version 2:
Energy variant:
Plain variant:

Version 1:

Oh yes, the footsteep sounds. I hated the old ones so those were on top of my list.
I thought it came out somewhat decent. I tried to make them sound heavy, to give an idea about players' weight, also slightly metalic. We're wearing hi-tech suits after all.

More to come soon.
Last edited by ImQ009 on 28 Jun 2015 11:34, edited 8 times in total.
ImQ009

Re: Q009's audio dump

Postby shirepirate » 26 Jun 2015 20:57

mayB u shud post the rite link m8
shirepirate

Postby ImQ009 » 26 Jun 2015 21:23

Ah yeah. Oopsie
ImQ009

Postby ImQ009 » 27 Jun 2015 13:50

Went ahead and remade the sword sounds. They're much simpler now and I think much better sounding. I'm including a non-energy variation if somebody's into that.
Note the fact that each swing has 2 variants now, so it it's less repetitive, if you want the game to use those you're gonna have to modify the sound config yourself.
I might include a proper config once the pack is closer to being somewhat complete.

Energy variant:
Plain variant:
ImQ009

Re: Q009's thread of new game sounds majig

Postby ImQ009 » 28 Jun 2015 11:31

Pistol reload and notification sounds
ImQ009

Postby Julius » 28 Jun 2015 12:53

Great initiative... the sounds are probably by far the weakest aspect in the current release.
Julius

Postby shirepirate » 07 Aug 2015 21:03

we'll be changing the pistol into a relatively weak sidearm blaster weapon. think sci-fi PEW PEW type sound, with perhaps a charged secondary for a more powerful shot. variables are still in the works, but would be interested to see what you could come up with as far as SFX
shirepirate

Postby shirepirate » 07 Aug 2015 21:43

as for the others, i'm not sure i like them. it can be difficult to view new SFX objectively when you're very used to the sounds you've been playing with forever, but i'm not sure if the sword SFX fit the realism of an energy sword as well as the current ones (which sound more like a lightsaber than anything, the low sustained reverberating bass sound). also the secondary.ogg in both the plain & energy variants have a strange background noise 75% way through.

the footsteps sounds are not bad persay, but keep in mind as something you'll be hearing literally all the time (especially if you play without music) it will get old a lot quicker and become more of a distraction than the current effects. this is because it sounds like metal boots walking on a hard surface, which, while seemingly more authentic to the player's action in the game i expect it to get very tedious very quickly. the current footsteps sound is softer and is not as distinct from surrounding ambient or weapon sounds, so it very rarely stands out.

the pistol reload sound is good, but i'm not sure if it will fit in with the sci-fi blaster or not.

these are all personal opinions though, it would be more valuable to gather feedback from many before replacing the current SFX
shirepirate

Postby SniperGoth » 07 Aug 2015 23:35

Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby shirepirate » 08 Aug 2015 00:00

shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 08 Aug 2015 02:51

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin