[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Bloodfox's Modding Shop 0.0.1 Enhanced UI mod Released

Bloodfox's Modding Shop 0.0.1 Enhanced UI mod Released

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Bloodfox's Modding Shop 0.0.1 Enhanced UI mod Released

Postby bloodfox » 02 Jun 2015 19:32

Hey, all!

So the vote has been cast 5-0. That means I'll release the mod and then you guys tell me what to add in/fix. (Pictures Haven't been updated yet... I'll do that later)

Here's 0.0.1: https://mega.co.nz/#!jNMGxApS!Z3lOi05A_ ... oIR0uuVbUY

Alright in the past I said that I'd be making mods for red eclipse and well... I started halfway, gave up because it was shit, and now I scratched that idea and made a new UI overhaul... all of this UI overhaul I'm doing consists of files in the "textures" folder. Now instead of typing utter crap about my life and such in front of my computer every other 5 seconds looking out the window wishing it wasn't so gloomy here in Canada, I'm just gonna show you what I have in stock. I will have a poll up to decide if you guys want me to release the UI overhaul mod now OR I would get your guys opinions and criticism, then post it to your guys liking. Either one is fine with me. (For now, I'm just showing you guys some pictures.)

Now, I can't stress this enough: PLEASE give me constructive criticism. Without this type of criticism, I can't respect your guys' opinions nor would I know what to do with my mods. So please, use constructive criticism. :)

Here's what I've done:
-Changed the weapon clips
-changed the weapon icons
-Changed the HP monitor and energy Monitor
-Many more stuff like logos, GUI outlines and all that fancy stuff. (Can't name all the stuff because I forgot most of the stuff I did modify...)
Some eye candy:
I look forward to making more mods for this amazing community.
Last edited by bloodfox on 04 Jun 2015 13:49, edited 2 times in total.
In game name: TheChickenNugget
=============================
bloodfox

Re: Bloodfox's Modding Shop

Postby Iceflower » 02 Jun 2015 20:32

Iam not really interested in a Edition with only gui or texture changes ^^

This was a mod of RE 1.4 maybe it will help, for ideas or idk.
I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
Iceflower

Postby bloodfox » 02 Jun 2015 20:55

wow... I had no idea that existed xD. Anywho, idk, it doesn't look like he changed much asides from color... No offense to him though. If you don't really have any interests in a mod like this, then you can stay away from the topic. :) (Not trying to sound rude at all...)
bloodfox

Postby bonifarz » 02 Jun 2015 23:07

Sure, you can post your files so people can quickly have a look in-game.
It seems you have fun experimenting with the gui textures, though, I'm not a big fan of experimental skins or gui mods like the one Icy linked.
But hey, have a look at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40 - here acerspyro recreated elements like the checkboxes, which turned out to look really nice and in the meanwhile, his work has replaced the official assets :)
Also, if you want to modify the layout of the menus or hud elements, have a look at our wiki.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby bloodfox » 03 Jun 2015 03:08

Hey!

yeah I love modifying the GUI... Yeah I also plan onto changing the layout of the menus, change the skins for the bricks in red eclipse because no offense, the quality isn't that great. <This idea is a definite maybe though. I also wanna tackle changing up the crosshairs... I'd do more modeling but right now, I'm too lazy to actually start working on modeling ;D
bloodfox

Postby qreeves » 03 Jun 2015 06:54

Just a little request: Can everyone stop calling their mods "Red Eclipse XXX Edition" please? It sounds too much like our release naming convention and could cause confusion over the origin of your projects. Instead of "Edition" some acceptable words might be like, Extensions, Mod, etc.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bloodfox » 03 Jun 2015 13:24

sure. How about UI overhaul mod?
bloodfox

Postby bonifarz » 03 Jun 2015 14:49

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby bloodfox » 03 Jun 2015 19:43

bloodfox

Re: Bloodfox's Modding Shop 0.0.1 Enhanced UI mod Released

Postby bonifarz » 04 Jun 2015 21:27

Why did you also put those files in the zip that you did not modify? Did you know that you can put (an incomplete) textures folder in your home dir to replace some files? Maybe you should add this instruction and some license in a short readme.txt. Concerning the content: Not much to say yet, looks like placeholders to me (e.g. weapon "icons" that have just the weapon name written on them?!) Well, just go for it, maybe you can bring in some traditional art like your avatar.
| | | |
bonifarz

Re: Bloodfox's Modding Shop 0.0.1 Enhanced UI mod Released

Postby bloodfox » 04 Jun 2015 21:42

I've noticed that my main issue is that the theme is a bit... "scattered". I really don't have a theme to work with at all... I'm just randomly putting in stuff that I want to modify... If anything this is somewhat of a test run. But hey, I'm open to suggestions for themes.

On another note, as much as this pains me to say and I could easily lie for this: the picture was made for me from another guy. (Idk why he didn't put his name on the avatar)
bloodfox

Return to Maps and Mods