[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Some Originals and Some Remixes

Some Originals and Some Remixes

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Some Originals and Some Remixes

Postby Hobbes » 26 May 2015 18:21

Hello people of the interwebs! I have recently gotten into mapping, and have created this map pack for you to enjoy. It consists of 6 new maps and custom icons. Here is a list of the maps and a short description of each.

Atlantean Castle:
This is a remix of "castle" by FaTony, featuring an Atlantean Style, and new mechanics. The entirety of the playing area is filled with water, making some weapons (e.g. flamer) useless. Unfortunately, bots do not quite understand the water physics, making PVE very easy on this map.
Recommended Gamemode: FFA Deathmatch

Atlantis:
This was one of my first maps, so it is much more crude than the others in this pack, but it is an interesting map anyway. Unlike Atlantean Castle, Atlantis is not actually underwater. Instead, I set the gravity very low, and the fog to be quite dense, so that it gave the appearance of being under water, while not actually having the effects of being underwater.
Recommended Gamemode: Defend and Control - King

Dark Bath:
This one is pretty self explanatory. It is a darker version of "bath" by LuckyStrike-Rx. It includes darker textures, rain effects, and waterfall sounds.
Recommended Gamemode: Team Deathmatch

Edge City:
This map is obviously based off of the game Mirror's Edge. It features clean white buildings and climbable red pipes.
Recommended Gamemode: FFA Freestyle Deathmatch

Steam:
This is a small steampunk inspired map that is best for smaller 1v1 battles.
Recommended Gamemode: Duel

TARDIS:
A recreation of the TARDIS from popular BBC series, Doctor Who. It features a console room with ambient sound, a bedroom with a bouncy bed, a small library with a comfy chair to read in, and of course, a swimming pool. I plan to update this one more, and possibly even add an exterior.

[Download]
http://www.mediafire.com/download/44dkg ... Bundle.zip
Hobbes

Re: Some Originals and Some Remixes

Postby eoxor » 26 May 2015 20:29

cool if can be on red eclipse :cry:
eoxor

Postby Evropi » 26 May 2015 21:15

Some seriously good looking maps, though not so sure on how well they play. Just one question: why no anti-alias? :D
Evropi

Postby acerspyro » 27 May 2015 00:46

I really don't think it even closely matches RE's style.
*screams internally*
acerspyro

Postby Hobbes » 27 May 2015 16:58

Hobbes

Postby Hobbes » 27 May 2015 16:59

Hobbes

Postby blakthunder » 27 May 2015 23:47

Some thoughts:

AtlanteanCastle - I like the concept, but castle probably wasn't the best map to adapt, as it was a pretty fast-moving, open map. The ability to continuously jump underwater made the ladders a bit of a useless detail, and overall the water actually slowed you down a bit much.

Atlantis - Again, the concept is nice, and I especially think the theme works as well, it's reminiscent of Stone. However, the map is quite bare (map edges, oh my) and the long wait time to hit the ground was extremely annoying. Also, you can't see the enemy playermodels in the fog unless you're really close, which kind of defeats some weapons (namely the rifle).

Dark Bath - To my surprise, I kind of really like this. Maybe by bringing some more vibrant color out it could be improved.

Edge City - Needs a lot of work to pass for a deathmatch map, the concept is much more akin to time-trial (or gauntlet, I guess) and it pulls a little too much from Ubik (not to mention the billboard) for my taste.

I'll try to test the other two and will update.
blakthunder

Postby Hobbes » 28 May 2015 20:05

Hobbes

Return to Maps and Mods