[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Discontinuity v5

[MAP] Discontinuity v5

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Would you like to play on Discontinuity in Red Eclipse?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2015 00:23

Yes, add Discontinuity to the official rotation
100%
No, Discontinuity is not good enough to enter the official rotation
No votes

Total votes : 6

[MAP] Discontinuity v5

Postby Unnamed » 24 Apr 2015 18:09

I used some new textures for this map wich you have to download (10 textures, size ~19MB) and I created two rock models for this map.
This is a small, asymmetric map suitable for ffa, duels and race. A single lap should take 40 seconds. I also added ents for ctf, bb and defend (multi), but I think it is quite unbalanced.

discontinuity_v5.zip
(3.82 MiB) Downloaded 214 times

update: v5
- fixed clipping
- few other changes

update: v4
- reworked the room with the spiral staircase
- moved sigma playerstarts/affinity
- 2 new textures

update: v3
- moved finish checkpoint for race
- few texture changes
- added 1 new texture
- added aiclip
- actor entities for onslaught

update: v2
- few geometry changes
- better clipping, use invisible mapmodels
- removed clip in the giant ravine
- moved the grate and noclipped the vent so you can't stand on it
- more mapsounds

20150713161640.jpg

20150402190115.jpg
Last edited by Unnamed on 20 Jul 2015 15:50, edited 5 times in total.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Discontinuity

Postby shirepirate » 25 Apr 2015 01:32

it's a fun one to play. some creative visuals again, but not nearly as hard on the resources as convolution. seems a good free-for-all map. would be good on survivor.

the walls of clip in the giant ravine are a bit of a throw-off though. might want to consider removing those and simply using rock wall with death material. it's also possible to stand on the vent out there (from the outside) near the race part.

the rock formations get complicated in a few spots, leading me to wonder how much more clip might be needed. it could probably use a few more sounds in some areas, a little quiet.

has a good use of blendmaps like resonance though. perhaps Discontinuity could replace Condensation in the rotation for a while (which hasn't been popular at all). just a thought.
shirepirate

Postby bonifarz » 25 Apr 2015 15:18

This is the first convincing race/dm crossover map, cool.
Perfect use of mode specific mapmodels to block off paths and trigger-particles as wicked traps :)
Also, I really like the outdoor area with the pillar and the flowing water, it is damn difficult to make that look natural.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Iceflower » 25 Apr 2015 18:45

The map is really really cool even the "fake" water with the texture but its a little bit confusing that you cant extinguish the fire. And the technical scientific thhings are really cool :D

One thinkg rework please the clipping, its not the best like how you do it.

EDIT:
Thanks for the new textures! really nice and some are 1024 size! *-*
I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
Iceflower

Postby Unnamed » 26 Apr 2015 08:46

I uploaded an updated version. The clipping should be better now. I used some invisible mapmodels to do this.
Unnamed

Postby Iceflower » 26 Apr 2015 13:00

NIce!!

There are still some clip at the walls where you can move without and with clip it looks like moving against air, but its not easy to clip it that it still looks fine, so gooooood jooob! :D

To the race, its really cool, its it reminded me of Sauerbraten, where you have to walk in such building complexes, *-*, the laser are really, really hard :O and just an idea, place the blue ball and the goal in the tunnel which is on the left when you were to continue to run. Its would be more like, now are you finnaly out of the complex, and a darker blue and the dark light there would support this feeling. I think it would be better as the finish there were it is.
I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
Iceflower

Re: [MAP] Discontinuity v3

Postby Unnamed » 11 Jun 2015 15:51

Unnamed

Re: [POLL] [MAP] Discontinuity v3

Postby shirepirate » 14 Jun 2015 00:23

i've added a 2 week poll to this to gather the community's input
shirepirate

Postby bonifarz » 14 Jun 2015 09:42

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Unnamed » 20 Jun 2015 15:54

Unnamed

Postby qreeves » 21 Jun 2015 02:30

I haven't had a chance to try the map yet. Race maps have a smaller audience too :P
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 27 Jun 2015 02:06

added this to the rotation for play testing. Unnamed, are you certain your package.cfg is configured correctly? getting a texture error in a couple spots from the latest files posted here (if you fix it make a pull request).
shirepirate

Postby Unnamed » 27 Jun 2015 06:46

Unnamed

Postby shirepirate » 29 Jun 2015 04:11

shirepirate

Postby Unnamed » 29 Jun 2015 07:35

Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Discontinuity v3

Postby shirepirate » 08 Jul 2015 19:58

the room with the spiral staircase could use a better flow. it would work in sauer, but with parkour existing most of the obstacles in this room just end up getting in the way instead of being used in creative ways. also there are dead ends in a couple spots and generally this doesn't work well for a FFA map. the Race route might need to be re-worked, but personally i'd like to see that room with the spiral staircase opened up to be a much larger area. keep in mind another thing that doesn't work well for FFA maps are too many narrow hallways, spruce it up a bit with some geometry you wouldn't expect like a parallel corridor.

these are just suggestions, however. many seemed to like the map.
shirepirate

Re: [MAP] Discontinuity v4

Postby Unnamed » 13 Jul 2015 14:21

v4 released
I made some changes (and new textures):
20150713121702.jpg
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Discontinuity v4

Postby shirepirate » 13 Jul 2015 23:50

nice, the flow is much better in this version. looking very polished.

the clip in the ravine needs some fixes, it is possible to stand on the top of the cliffs in many areas (and even reach these spots from the main part of the map).
shirepirate

Re: [MAP] Discontinuity v5

Postby Unnamed » 20 Jul 2015 15:51

v5 released
I fixed the clipping there and at some other spots.
Unnamed

Return to Maps and Mods