[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Rage Wars maps for 1.5

Rage Wars maps for 1.5

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Rage Wars maps for 1.5

Postby EA801 » 19 Apr 2015 23:21

Hey guys,
I took some of my favorite DM maps from the Turok Rage Wars and ported them to RE.
I've attached a tar of the 3 maps: Spirit Temple, Matrix, and Grim Retreat. Just extract that into ~/.redeclipse/maps
If you notice anything weird, let me know! Hope you enjoy! :D
Attachments
RageWarsMapPack.tar.gz
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
Last edited by EA801 on 21 Apr 2015 05:55, edited 2 times in total.
EA801

Re: Rage Wars maps for 1.5

Postby shirepirate » 20 Apr 2015 00:31

well, i can say the maps are nothing special and don't cater to RE's gameplay very well at all, but it might be a good nostalgic experience for turok fans.
shirepirate

Postby EA801 » 20 Apr 2015 01:00

EA801

Postby bonifarz » 20 Apr 2015 06:24

I never played rage wars, so I'm missing the nostalgia aspect, but the maps look okay to me. (For a first set of maps posted here, actually, they look pretty nice.)
One big problem you are facing here are floating water blocks - the lower bounds (reverse water surface) is not visible, and that makes the spirit temple and matrix maps weird and confusing. I suggest you place a thin slab of air (keypad 1) above each reverse water surface.
Maybe the two temple maps work better when scaled up to twice the size, so there is more room for parkour. You probably know that you can select everything, copy, scale the grid size and paste the enlarged geometry.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Jfault » 21 Apr 2015 00:48

Keep calm and eat fruit.

MFW I've been a Ghost for 2 years D:
Jfault

Postby EA801 » 21 Apr 2015 05:41

EA801

Return to Maps and Mods