[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP POLL] Vorticity v3

[MAP POLL] Vorticity v3

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Would you like to see the map Vorticity added to the official rotation?

Poll ended at 01 Feb 2016 00:33

Yes, add Vorticity to the rotation (Feel free to leave your reasons in a post)
100%
No, do not add Vorticity to the rotation (Feel free to leave your reasons in a post)
No votes

Total votes : 7

[MAP POLL] Vorticity v3

Postby Unnamed » 08 Mar 2015 13:09

I haven't submitted any new maps for an unusual long time. So here is the next one.
It is a medium sized multi map. I made a new skybox for this map wich I used as cloudbox to add a second sun and a planet.

update: v3
- renamed to "Vorticity"
- slightly changed the outer areas and moved the flags
- replaced ramps with cylindrical objects
- removed overhang of the four blocks in the middle
- moved some weapons
- updated waypoints

update: v2
- removed the towers
- added a new texture
- changed some textures
- changed playerstarts

vorticity.zip
(3.28 MiB) Downloaded 287 times

20151114170010.jpg

20151114170043.jpg
Last edited by Unnamed on 14 Nov 2015 16:16, edited 2 times in total.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Recoil

Postby unixfreak » 08 Mar 2015 17:50

Lots of interesting shapes, i really like the tubes with the liquid inside, that's a nice effect.
Great job.
unixfreak

Postby bonifarz » 10 Mar 2015 07:45

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shirepirate » 25 Apr 2015 01:48

this is definitely medium-sized, not small.

as a capture-the-flag map it really seems like the flag placements are more of an afterthought. it might work for deathmatch. the tall "booster" pedestals are a little awkward as holes in the ground.

the design isn't exactly flawed, but the textures are very complicated and i'm not sure if they work together in a way that's easy on the eyes.

not sure how popular this one would be
shirepirate

Postby Piggybear » 25 Apr 2015 14:04

I love this map. Good flow, great texturing, great lighting. I only played offline with bots, but it's awesome. Some good sniping spots. I get slightly lower FPS than I would like, but I have binds to turn off some visuals and it worked fine. I only have one complaint about this map.... WHY WAS IT NOT OUT SOONER?! This map should be included in the next release, it will quickly become me favorite map. Good job.
01010000 01101001 01100111 01100111 01111001 01100010 01100101 01100001 01110010
The Ghosts are ALWAY recruiting!. Newbies welcome to apply.
Or apply
Piggybear

Postby Unnamed » 20 Jun 2015 16:03

After thinking about it I think the diverse geometry and the many shapes could be too distracting. Maybe I should change the texturing.
Also I would like to remove the towers and place the flag there instead, surrounded by some obstacles.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Recoil v2

Postby Unnamed » 21 Jun 2015 18:06

done
Unnamed

Postby restcoser » 22 Jun 2015 19:50

ok just a small (?) thing, you really need to improve your map naming.
many are just non-descriptive and interchangeable.

try to come up with a name by taking the layout and theme into consideration.

this map has a counterclockwise design, with each part rotated.

my suggestion is to put one of those giant fans in the death in the center and call the whole thing "blender"...
or something like "biolab" (too close to biolytic maybe?) because of the green pipes, or really anything... but please no generic names that i cant remember the map by (maybe my memory is just bad)
restcoser

Postby Unnamed » 23 Jun 2015 18:11

Naming my maps is quite difficult for me. My preffered method is just to take a random word. As half of my vocabulary are mathematical or physical terms I use one of these.
I haven't found out a systematic method for naming my maps, but I'll think about it again next time.
Unnamed

Postby blakthunder » 23 Jun 2015 21:46

blakthunder

Postby JDWhyte » 30 Jul 2015 14:35

hmmm interesting.
JDWhyte

Postby Bobbo » 31 Jul 2015 06:06

It looks pretty, but there are lots of weird things that don't make a lot of sense.

There are paths running around the outside of the map, but in the middle of each straight is a door type thing which you can't pass, making the paths seem counter intuitive and somewhat pointless.

The sunken ramps with grenades in seem a bit odd, there doesn't seem to be an obvious reason for their presence.

Flag placement is very haphazard, with the distance between flags not being that great. Possibly move the flags for CTF back into the corner, although given the lack of access and the glass walls this could cause choking points.

Finally, the floor blocks in the middle have a little overhang, you've noclipped this on each side except for the side that's over the death pit, which may cause problems.
Bobbo

Re: [MAP] Vorticity v3

Postby Unnamed » 14 Nov 2015 16:21

I renamed the map to "Vorticity", because vorticity is the curl of a velocity field.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Vorticity v3

Postby qreeves » 27 Nov 2015 04:25

It might be better to create an issue or pull request on the maps repository when people are ready for their content to be included in the game, as there's much higher chance we'll remember to review it (especially now while I have no permanent internet connection).
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Re: [MAP POLL] Vorticity v3

Postby shirepirate » 11 Jan 2016 00:34

added a 3-week poll, be sure to vote
shirepirate

Postby blakthunder » 17 Jan 2016 18:46

voted to include, but first, is anyone else experiencing a sky loading error? I've been getting one with V3, tried today and a couple weeks ago with no change.
blakthunder

Postby shacknetisp » 17 Jan 2016 19:11

The map is using an old skybox name, penguins/harmony was renamed to freezurbern/harmony.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby blakthunder » 17 Jan 2016 22:17

blakthunder

Postby shirepirate » 03 Feb 2016 20:47

results of poll were overwhelmingly positive, so ok, we will give this one a try in the next version. merged to dev version
shirepirate

Postby FaTony » 25 Nov 2016 07:44

It lags like hell, completely unplayable. I think this is the worst official map now.
FaTony

Return to Maps and Mods