[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Killhouse

[MAP] Killhouse

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] Killhouse

Postby yoloDonor » 07 Mar 2015 21:29

Name: Killhouse
Creator: yoloDonor
Reason for Existing: To provide a fun small-ish map that can be played both offline and online (preferably online, as there are some locations you can only get to via impulsing)

More about this map: Since I am new to map making in Red Eclipse, I wanted to start with something small-ish and that is somewhat playable in offline mode.
I, personally, think that the nonexistence of lighting and textures fits it style, but you might thing otherwise. The main weapons are the Shotgun, Grenade, and Rocket.

If you feel something needs to be changed, removed, or added, let me know! I would gladly add lighting and texturing if you feel it needs so!
Hopefully, you enjoy it! Let me know!

- yoloDonor
yoloDonor

Re: [MAP] Killhouse

Postby freezurbern » 07 Mar 2015 21:30

Where can we download it?
freezurbern

Postby Duck » 08 Mar 2015 04:44

As Freezerburn said, make sure to add the map soon so we can have access to it, I sure would like to try out a new map! :D

I hope you enjoy making more maps and your time in the community

Best regards,

~ Duck
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby yoloDonor » 08 Mar 2015 15:19

@ Freezurbern: It will be available to download in about 3 days. There are some bugs(?) that need to be kinked out.

@Duck: I'll try to add it as soon as possible. I'm afraid that I'll release it and you guys think its bad. Even I'm starting to think its not very good.

If you guys, or any other members, can help me, I have a few questions to ask you:
- When I throw a grenade, it will damage me or somebody else, even if the explosion is through a wall. How can i make it not do any damage through a wall?
- I can't shrink my map any smaller, but I have no need for extra space. How do I get rid of it? I'm sure there is a way, because I've seen maps smaller then mine.
- And for the last question, which isn't pertaining to this map, how do I make flags? I am also making another map, which consists of a long 2-tiered bridge, and a base at each end. I know how to make flags, but how do I make them team-specific?
- This relates to my previous question: How do I make team's for bots? I don't want a bot from another team spawning at the other teams base, do I?

Sorry for my long questions, but I'm still new to map making. I hope to be around for a while, and make enjoyable maps. However, I know you don't just start making good maps, you have to pratice. I get that, and thus I am determined to ask questions.

Cheers guys!
yoloDonor

Postby ImQ009 » 08 Mar 2015 18:47

Great map, but I think you should change that thing (the thing that's next to that other thing, with the thingy) into a larger thingy so it plays better.
Also, texturing could be a little bit better as well.
Other than that, great job!
ImQ009

Postby bonifarz » 08 Mar 2015 21:47

Shrinkmap: Usually, it really does not matter if there is some empty space outside. But if you want to make the max grid size smaller, you probably first need to move your map geometry in the correct corner.
For your last two questions: Affinities (e.g. flags) and player starts are entities which you can assign to a team. See
http://redeclipse.net/wiki/Entities
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby yoloDonor » 08 Mar 2015 22:29

@bonifarz: I figured it out right after I posted that question, but I never updated it, sorry! Thanks for the speedy reply.
yoloDonor

Postby shirepirate » 25 Apr 2015 01:49

so, any progress on this? <.<
shirepirate

Postby JDWhyte » 30 Jul 2015 14:35

screenshots?
JDWhyte

Return to Maps and Mods