[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Water Run (race)

[MAP] Water Run (race)

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] Water Run (race)

Postby Iceflower » 31 Jan 2015 21:30

Name: Water Run
Mode: Race (Time Trial)
Creator: Iceflower

About: Its a special race map because its not like "normal" that you walk on a solid ground, its here often water. The whole theme is water. Sometimes you can't see the way and a hidden place is there too. Its not possible to go with head in lava, its fixed here (Thank you MaxPayne, who show me how to do it :D )
Difficult: Not for beginners, more for advanced, which need good response and accuracy.

NOTE: Map tested and made for 1.4.9. NOTE: This map will not work complete in the DEV version (after sticky auto-crouch #395 ) anymore, one trap (the water tunnel) was destroyed by improving the physics.
License: Red Eclipse General License

Iceflower

PS. I know that sometimes the water disappears but i dont know how to fix it. When you found some bugs, tell me :D

Files
https://github.com/IceflowRE/community/ ... e_WIP/maps
Last edited by Iceflower on 02 May 2016 18:13, edited 5 times in total.
I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
Iceflower

Re: [MAP] Water Run (race)

Postby Honno » 31 Jan 2015 22:07

This map has made me call bullshit more times then I've done in CruelDozen. This guy is truly a genius.
Honno

Postby shirepirate » 01 Feb 2015 05:42

i guess it is frustrating in a different kind of way, heh. i managed to complete it but not with a good time yet. for constructive criticism i'd have to say the areas where you are not able to easily see what you need to do or where you need to move next are overly frustrating. nothing wrong with difficulty, but you should never have to guess at the next step or take a leap of faith into lava.
shirepirate

Postby unixfreak » 01 Feb 2015 06:40

Well it makes you rethink how to do some of the jumps. I gave up on the lava staircase thing with water steps underneath it, i was reaching 38minutes trying to get past it :evil:
unixfreak

Postby bonifarz » 01 Feb 2015 07:44

I agree with shirepirate, though, i have only played part of the map:
After the lava cubes with the water corners, the checkpoint on the triangular platform was broken for me. Insta-death respawn, probably fixed if moved up a bit.

To make the path more clear, two things could help:
Drop some route ents :)
And give those water/lava cubes some boundaries at the bottom! A texture with a somewhat similar look like lava or water might work, on a thin layer with noclip. EDIT: Almost forgot, in the map iwbte, I fixed this with a very thin slab of air at the bottom of each lava block.
Attachments
slab.jpg
slab.jpg (24.33 KiB) Viewed 4240 times
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Iceflower » 01 Feb 2015 10:09

Iceflower

Postby bonifarz » 01 Feb 2015 11:26

Probably because floating blocks of lava or water are a very unnatural thing. And if the vertical faces are flowing like lava- or waterfalls, how should a bottom face actually look like? Maybe what you want is a feature to just use the "upper surface" effect on all boundaries? Messing with the engine is certainly tricky.
| | | |
bonifarz

U p d a t e

Postby Iceflower » 08 Feb 2015 16:09

ver534 -- Fixed optical lava issue + some death field issues

A N D
I made a waterrunlow map, this map has only there optical fixes where is it important for the way and more then the doubled fps as the origin :D
So download waterrun if you have better Pc and the waterrunlow if you havent a good Pc.

The maps are themselfes the same but the lower have sometimes the annoying optical lava issue.

Way ents will follow maybe :D

PS. (Dont look at the version numbers, they are only for my organization)

Iceflower
Iceflower

Return to Maps and Mods