[Variables] ExtraVars

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[Variables] ExtraVars

Postby Enke » 30 Dec 2014 14:40

ExtraVars is a series of changes to the weapon variables in Red Eclipse, intended to change up the gameplay a little bit.

Major weapon changes are as follows:
Pistol: Now has a 15 round clip. Alt-fire fires a 3-bullet burst, but is spread out. Inaccurate when moving, but effective at close range.
Sword: Primary attack is no longer full auto, but can be used faster. Both attacks pull you forward a little when you use them.
Shotgun: Ammo set to 9. Primary fire no longer bounces off walls. Alt-fire now has more flak, but costs 3 ammo.
SMG: Ammo reduced to 45. Alt-fire shoots slow moving orbs that bounce off walls and explode into large amounts of flak.
Flamer: Ammo reduced to 24. Alt-fire shoots globs of napalm that explode after a short time. Primary fire now looks a little cooler.
Plasma: Ammo reduced to 14. Primary now fires slower. Alt-fire's giant floating orb can now be guided with the crosshair.
Rifle: Ammo increased to 7. Alt-fire bullets now travel slower. Zoomtime was increased to 500 milliseconds.
Zapper: Ammo reduced to 10. Primary fires a small wave of particles that give all 3 residual effects. Alt fires a short stream of particles that heal HP and remove all 3 residual effects.
Grenade: You can now only carry 1. Alt-fire has a shorter throw.
Mine: You can now carry 3. Primary mines now last 30 seconds, Alt mines now last 50.
Rocket: Ammo increased to 2, but with huge waiting periods in between each shot. Primary explosion radius is smaller, Alt explosion radius is larger but fires a slow moving rocket.

A version of the changes has been made for both 1.4 stable and 1.4.9 development. Neither of these sets has been tested for 1.4.5 development. Please note that some discrepancies may exist between the two versions, most notably with the rocket and its wait time.

Installation Instructions: Once you have the file downloaded, open up the zip and go inside the ExtraVars-master folder. Place the config files to where the others, such as autoexec.cfg, are stored on your system (You can check the wiki for that information). Once you have the cfg files properly placed, you can run "/exec extravars14.cfg" in-game if you use the 1.4 version, or "/extravars149.cfg" in-game if you use the 1.4.9 SVN version.
Feel free to use autoexec.cfg if you know how.

Thanks to:
qreeves, for answering my question on licensing.
Calinou, for suggesting CC 0

Download: Right here
Thanks for downloading (or just looking). If you have the time, give me some feedback. I'm quite sure that I missed several points that could be fine tuned for better balance.
Last edited by Enke on 27 Nov 2015 07:54, edited 2 times in total.
<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate
Enke

Re: [Variables] ExtraVars

Postby Enke » 05 Jan 2015 01:58

Updated with a CC 0 license and some tweaks to plasma.
<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate
Enke

Postby shirepirate » 05 Jan 2015 02:13

why don't you set up a server with these vars?
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every freedom, there is a new limit. For every joy, a new sorrow. For every act of kindness, an unspeakable cruelty. Where someone succeeds, someone else fails. A new association means a new separation. Loyalty meets treachery, honor breeds disgrace, free expression yields censorship. Each piece of knowledge forms new ignorance. Even death gives rise to new life. But the balance of existence is the beginning of wisdom and discernment.
shirepirate

Postby fragglerock » 05 Jan 2015 13:24

not sure i like the sound of the nade and rocket vars

i'm fed up with spoilsports trying to remove or reduce the effectiveness of the rocket and nades - they are a big part of the game's being 'fun-filled' as Quinn and others intended - and they make it what is is, ie not just for nerds but for people who want to switch off from work/life whatever for half an hour and have a laugh

The nades and rocket in 1.4 were fine - nothing needs to change here
fragglerock

Postby qreeves » 06 Jan 2015 04:26

fragglerock wrote:not sure i like the sound of the nade and rocket vars

They're not suggesting this become the new defaults, this is just a mod for people who want different gameplay.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Enke » 08 Jan 2015 00:52

fragglerock wrote:not sure i like the sound of the nade and rocket vars

i'm fed up with spoilsports trying to remove or reduce the effectiveness of the rocket and nades - they are a big part of the game's being 'fun-filled' as Quinn and others intended - and they make it what is is, ie not just for nerds but for people who want to switch off from work/life whatever for half an hour and have a laugh

The nades and rocket in 1.4 were fine - nothing needs to change here

Well, these changes were made in singleplayer for singleplayer, so I wanted to make it a bit more difficult to dominate the bots using grenades and rockets (something I find myself doing a lot in singleplayer, and I do enjoy it). I agree that the grenades and rockets work fine when fighting other players, but I still wanted to see how changing their effectiveness would affect my playstyle. But yes, I will concede that there are few things more fun than scoring a Triple-kill with a single grenade.
Enke

Postby LostSouls » 06 Feb 2015 18:25

I'll try to RE 1.4.5. But it sure can happen error, right?
LostSouls

Return to Maps and Mods