[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [Skybox] Indigo

[Skybox] Indigo

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[Skybox] Indigo

Postby freezurbern » 27 Nov 2014 20:27

I was asked to create a skybox by green, and here it is. At the moment, this is in-progress and feedback is requested.

The goal was a blueish sky, with a slight nebula and stars look. (I actually used the same nebula generation as Kenon, a work included in RE as a cloudbox)
Unfortunately, I have yet to find a tutorial or figure out for myself how to create a moon that emits light. For now, there is a small light source (show in indigo v2.14) and a 'moon' planet behind the camera.
I'm not sure what should be on the ground, as the goal is night time. Also, not sure if it is too dark, my monitor is most certainly different from everyone else.

indigo_014.jpg
Indigo, v2.14

Reference photos

Last edited by freezurbern on 27 Nov 2014 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
freezurbern

Re: [Skybox] Indigo

Postby Duck » 27 Nov 2014 21:00

To begin with, I'd like to thank you for making it. I have always wanted a skybox like this, with a moon. What more can I say? This is great :D I hope to see it complete :mrgreen:
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby freezurbern » 27 Nov 2014 23:49

indigo_array.png
2.14.3 preview

indigo-re-skybox.zip
Indigo 2.14.3
(357.59 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

I'd appreciate feedback on this regular quality render. I'll make any changes then render a larger version.
freezurbern

Postby qreeves » 28 Nov 2014 01:37

Is it supposed to be inside a crater? The solid ground goes half way up the side.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby freezurbern » 28 Nov 2014 01:52

freezurbern

Postby qreeves » 28 Nov 2014 04:17

It's not a bad thing, per se, although you're pretty much limited to making maps that suit the crater theme. Most space skyboxes leave the ground up to the mapper. I realise that the moon in the skybox sorta implies a planet underneath, but you really don't need it explicitly. In RE the mapper can create their own effect with clipped off areas around the edge of the map, along with {cloud/env}layer and fogdome (for something that can produce a horizon). The map "tower" actually uses a combination of all these tricks.
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby freezurbern » 28 Nov 2014 15:21

indigo_015.jpg
v2.15

That's without the planet, removing the planet also removes its atmosphere weirdness. I can add some spotlight things, like the sun in the last try.
freezurbern

Postby freezurbern » 28 Nov 2014 15:22

Honestly, this is just a star skybox + kenon cloudbox (colored blue) + a moon mapmodel to get what Green is after.
freezurbern

Postby qreeves » 29 Nov 2014 03:22

Haha, probably. Anyone keen to make/find some planetoid models?
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Maps and Mods