[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Searchable Serverlist

Searchable Serverlist

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Searchable Serverlist

Postby shacknetisp » 08 Nov 2014 20:32

Here is a server list allowing for searching servers by players and description, also giving 1.4.5 player tooltips like SVN.
Attachments
serversearch.cfg
For 1.4.1 (no tooltips) and 1.4.5 (tooltips)
(12.78 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
servers.mod.cfg
For 1.4.9/1.5
(15.62 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Last edited by shacknetisp on 07 Jan 2015 12:33, edited 3 times in total.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Re: Searchable Serverlist

Postby bonifarz » 08 Nov 2014 22:06

Not a bad idea... so this is to search for server descriptions matching a search tag. I think it could be even much more useful if you can search for servers with a matching player name (or handles). What do you think?
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shacknetisp » 08 Nov 2014 22:17

A player search would be useful, but, quite frankly, I don't know how to make it.
It's not needed as much as a server search either.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby Iceflower » 08 Nov 2014 22:53

I think it would be usefull too, to have buttons like on the map list to favorite servers which appears then above (and maybe under the master server :D ) - (one of my wishes to christmas :roll: )

And great work! :!: But it would be cool if it search while typing :mrgreen: (haha idk how hard it is to make this :lol: )
I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
Iceflower

Postby Duck » 09 Nov 2014 03:58

Nice! Very useful!

As Bonifarz mentioned, I think it would be a good idea to innovate a searach system that works with player names. As you stated you don't know how to yet, so I think it'd be nice if someone can volunteer and make one.
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby freezurbern » 09 Nov 2014 04:08

freezurbern

Postby Duck » 09 Nov 2014 04:36

Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby bonifarz » 09 Nov 2014 07:39

Last edited by bonifarz on 12 Nov 2014 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby bonifarz » 09 Nov 2014 12:31

Last edited by bonifarz on 12 Nov 2014 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shacknetisp » 09 Nov 2014 22:07

I really like the additions, they are very useful.
EDIT: That updatefrommaster was from another project, I just forgot to remove it.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby bonifarz » 12 Nov 2014 07:32

For those of you who are not using some SVN version, here is the corresponding config file based on the elara 1.4 release version of data/config/menus/servers.cfg.
Attachments
serversearch.cfg
The search filter should be exactly the same, but it does not have any of the newer features, so string matching is case sensitive here.
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shacknetisp » 12 Nov 2014 13:55

To allow for case-insensitive searching in 1.4, just replace the strstr in line 91 with strcasestr.
I tested with both 1.4.1 and 1.4.5 (r6550).
Attachments
serversearch.cfg
Here is the case-insensitive file.
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby shacknetisp » 12 Nov 2014 15:09

Also, the amount of players shown could probably be more, here it is showing about 5 players.
Attachments
serversearch.cfg
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby bonifarz » 12 Nov 2014 16:20

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shacknetisp » 12 Nov 2014 16:45

SVN-style player tooltips for 1.4.5 (doesn't work with 1.4.1).
I'll update the first post to show the changes.
Attachments
serversearch.cfg
(12.78 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby bonifarz » 18 Dec 2014 16:58

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby qreeves » 19 Dec 2014 04:00

The return value of guitextwidth was changed from "multiples of guibound[]" to precise "pixels" in order to accommodate the new wrapping features of guitext and guibutton; so you're now limiting the list to a width of 55 pixels (which is pretty tiny as most characters in the default font are about 20 pixels wide). I converted it to 1220 based on pure math (oldvalue*scale), which just means the original value (of 60?) was incorrect to begin with.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 19 Dec 2014 10:04

Ah, okay. So I probably had some outdated binaries when I tested this. *shrug*
Another trivial issue with above cfg: I forgot to initialize $players.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby bonifarz » 09 Feb 2015 11:47

Yay, with some tweaks and improvements, a pull request based on this topic has been merged. Thanks for your patience, quin!

In this version, the search filter is (again) at the lower end of the server list, to the left of the sort options. Here is a preview (notice the tooltip):
filter1.jpeg
filter2.jpeg

Does anybody think comparing more search options (like maps or modes) will be useful? I don't think so. Seems trivial to add that, though.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby SylvieLorxu » 09 Feb 2015 12:34

SylvieLorxu / TheLastProject | Global Administrator, Red Eclipse | Signature thief
SylvieLorxu

Postby bonifarz » 09 Feb 2015 13:11

Yes, that is exactly how it works, Silvie.
Currently one filter field is checked against all player names+handles and all server descriptions. I wondered if comparing this field with more infos like maps would be of any use.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby SylvieLorxu » 09 Feb 2015 21:45

Oops, sorry. Well, I think adding map and gamemode can't hurt. Could make it easy to find a duel server, for example, or a server running your favourite map.
SylvieLorxu / TheLastProject | Global Administrator, Red Eclipse | Signature thief
SylvieLorxu

Postby bonifarz » 10 Feb 2015 12:59

Okay, here is an experimental version with this functionality (and a bit of code cleanup):
"Filter by player names or handles, current map, mode or mutators, server description, IP address or port."

I have also experimented with color highlighting of matched patterns, but scrapped that because
* it is a mess with case insensitive matches
* the modes, maps and (especially!) the playernames are already busy with color
* I gotta be careful not to create garbage when replacing strings at will ;)

Another cool note: I realize quin made some layout fixes, including that the frame size remains the same when only few servers are shown. That's nice.

I guess I'll make another pull request after some more careful testing.

EDIT: Thanks for merging! For details, see
| | | |
bonifarz

Return to Maps and Mods