[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Greaserpirate's Last-Minute Map Updates

Greaserpirate's Last-Minute Map Updates

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Greaserpirate's Last-Minute Map Updates

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 03 Nov 2014 12:59

Hi, I'm not dead.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on maps, so I hope I didn't take too long with these updates.

For Erosion, I fixed the clipping issues, added terrain, improved texturing and lighting, added a zapper, and replaced the electrocuted grunt with an antenna

erosion.png

For Affluence, I made the green lasers trigger when you're on the bottom ledge so you know it's deadly before jumping down, I added a new area in the center, and added more weapons

affluence.png

For Campgrounds, I added more cover so you can't snipe all the way across the map. It's still more open than the original Quake map, but less camp-y than the RE map used to be.

I also have a recoil mod which I'm 99% finished with. I think it's probably too late for that to be included, but I'll be done with it soon when I'm on break.

Peace,

Greaser
Attachments
GP_map_updates.zip
(7.4 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
Some of my maps:

..will be updated soon ;)
Greaserpirate2

Re: Greaserpirate's Last-Minute Map Updates

Postby SniperGoth » 03 Nov 2014 13:33

You forgot Suspended 2 again, like last time . :)
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby Iceflower » 03 Nov 2014 18:43

I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
Iceflower

Postby shirepirate » 03 Nov 2014 21:00

shirepirate

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 03 Nov 2014 21:39

Right, sorry; I read the updates, but I forgot a few things. I'll fix them as soon as possible.
Some of my maps:

Greaserpirate2

Postby shirepirate » 03 Nov 2014 22:16

shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 04 Nov 2014 02:20

Are the improvements significant enough to warrant looking for the issues and fixing them again? We seem to have a lot of issues coordinating updates with upstream authors..
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 04 Nov 2014 07:50

Attachments
GP_updates_r2_part1.zip
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 157 times
GP_updates_r2_part2.zip
(6.61 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
Some of my maps:

Greaserpirate2

Postby radiant » 04 Nov 2014 09:56

Attachments
screenshot.0089.jpg
screenshot.0092.jpg
radiant

Postby SniperGoth » 04 Nov 2014 13:15

Some challenges for the player to get some extra items are always welcome. Im always finding myself grabbing the grenades from the ceiling on the original suspended.
About the waypoints, i don't have them. But i think the ones from suspended itself should work.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby JDWhyte » 04 Nov 2014 16:05

Greaser.. you never answered my emails! lol
JDWhyte

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 05 Nov 2014 03:01

Attachments
suspended_final.zip
(4.81 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
suspended_nofun.mpz
(4.77 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
erosion.mpz
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 152 times
Some of my maps:

Greaserpirate2

Postby shirepirate » 05 Nov 2014 03:11

greaser, you seem to be concentrating on the specific problems with the maps that people have mentioned, forgetting that they are all already fixed. we don't require your fixes at this point. the files you've created are wonderful improvements, but let's make it very clear: they will not be committed to RE until you've based the same improvements off of the current map files. this was told to you by 2 people now and you've side-stepped it/ignored it, i and no-one here wants you to waste any more time making fixes to files we will not use, mate! this is the same policy set in place by quin quite a while ago, that "if you want to modify it at a later point, changes you make will need to be based on our version." just because you failed to understand it is not our fault. thanks for understanding and thanks for your contributions.
shirepirate

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 05 Nov 2014 03:33

Some of my maps:

Greaserpirate2

Postby qreeves » 05 Nov 2014 06:57

What everyone seems to be getting at is that, while you have done some of the work fixing the issues, there are still other unaddressed ones or the fixes you've tried don't work in practice. The crouch bug still exists (and I will be looking at the code to see if I can resolve the issue there too), and there's just been way too many little fixes along the way for anyone to be even able to tell you what exactly is missing. This happens a lot on popular open world maps, and people find strange ways to abuse it; we've had many people abuse spots on both erosion and suspended in order to interfere with regular gameplay, and fixing this is our main imperative at this point.

I have left map quality assurance in the hands of radiant and shirepirate in order to lighten the load on myself so we can actually make progress on the 1.5 release. Unless either of them is willing to go over your version of the maps and fix all the issues, I'm afraid we'll have to stick with what we've got in SVN for now. There's too much pressure to get a stable release out at this point.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 05 Nov 2014 13:36

So what you're saying is that there were changes to the svn versions that haven't been recorded in the changelog, and you're saying it would be too much effort to find all of the places fixed in those maps?

That's a shame, really. I'll try to find time to work on porting some of the changes I've made, but I'm also very busy with work. What time should I have them completed by? (I have a paper on Friday and also course selections for next semester so I really can't do much more this week, but next week is better for me.)
Some of my maps:

Greaserpirate2

Postby radiant » 05 Nov 2014 13:59

The campgrounds map does look reasonable, so I built off of it for if you want to update. You may notice that suspended shows up in that list as well; it's still built from the prior SVN version and the only change is that the lower kill boundary was raised by 60m. Sloped floors and ceilings need to be clipped up to a height of 1.5m to effectively prevent exploits, not just 1.0, which you can see from the fixes that are in place on this official version (including on the red and blue sides, which your last round of fixes didn't even try to address).
radiant

Postby shirepirate » 05 Nov 2014 23:29

shirepirate

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 06 Nov 2014 01:41

Some of my maps:

Greaserpirate2

Postby shirepirate » 06 Nov 2014 03:23

shirepirate

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 09 Nov 2014 07:39

Finally done.

Erosion was the trickiest by far since the cfg changed, but I was able to port almost everything over. I had to re-clip the rocks under the windows though becaus eit was possible to crouch-stand into the base right near the flag.

On Suspended I decided to re-add the weapons up top, but to comply with the initiative towards easy-to-reach weapons I added a flamer and grenade to each side that were much easier to get. I also added a tiny purple light to the easter egg area (only visible if you're right up next to it) and made it noclipped/lava with the easter egg obituary. I also updated the Campgrounds baniser.
Attachments
GP_merged_with_existing_edits.zip
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
suspended.mpz
Couldn't fit in the zip, apparently 9.6 MB total is too much for one file
(4.78 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
Some of my maps:

Greaserpirate2

Postby shirepirate » 09 Nov 2014 20:17

you're a very difficult person to work with :?
you didn't base campgrounds off of the most recent version, and where is affluence?

we will make the best of these campgrounds, erosion & suspended versions then commit them. thanks for making the effort.
there may be a couple small changes here and there, but please note it's for map playability only.

UPDATE:
campgrounds, erosion & suspended have been committed to SVN. any more changes made to these or other maps will need to be based off our current version, thanks.
shirepirate

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 10 Nov 2014 02:47

Thanks! Sorry about Campgrounds, I messed up with file names (it was 2 in the morning when I finished the others).

The latest version of affluence should be in the second set of downloads (GP_map_updates_r2).
Some of my maps:

Greaserpirate2

Postby shirepirate » 10 Nov 2014 02:59

shirepirate

Return to Maps and Mods