[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Programs/Applications for Models...

Programs/Applications for Models...

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Programs/Applications for Models...

Postby JDWhyte » 19 Oct 2014 03:23

What programs are good for making vanity items and weapons etc? I'm pretty fluent in Photoshop and didn't know what programs I could dive into for doing things such as skyboxes, player models, vanity items etc.. and thought I would ask what everyone is using to put together their stuff...
JDWhyte

Re: Programs/Applications for Models...

Postby SniperGoth » 19 Oct 2014 03:27

I use almost exclusivelly Wings3d, since it's pretty damn easy to understand.
And i just started learning on how to make montain models on Blender.
Im also interested on skybox creation tools, if anyone has any suggestions.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby JDWhyte » 19 Oct 2014 03:35

Thanks Snipey... I'd ask for links if I wasn't so fast to google it... :) I'll just grab them both and play around... I definitely am interested in skyboxes and textures though as I think I could make quite a bunch of new textures...
JDWhyte

Postby SniperGoth » 19 Oct 2014 04:47

Ah, and i use Xnormal for model baking.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby freezurbern » 19 Oct 2014 14:12

One can use to make skyboxes. But be warned, you'll need to watch a few tutorials. It was hard for at first.
freezurbern

Postby unixfreak » 20 Oct 2014 01:41

Blender is probably the best approach for models http://www.blender.org/

You'll have to export your model to either, MD3/MD5/OBJ/IQM (not sure of other formats) requiring a plugin;

MD5/MD3, the former typically used for animated mapmodels, the latter for static models
http://www.katsbits.com/tools/ (might need an older version of blender)

IQM typically used for the playermodels
http://sauerbraten.org/iqm/#

For vanity items you want to add a single "bone" to your model that is used as the anchor point.
Weapons are quite simple to make/export, but animating them for the hwep/reloading is another story.
unixfreak

Postby JDWhyte » 20 Oct 2014 14:40

Thanks, Thanks, and Thanks! Appreciate the help.
JDWhyte

Return to Maps and Mods