[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [CFG] admin control panel (v1.4, 7/31/2015)

[CFG] admin control panel (v1.4, 7/31/2015)

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[CFG] admin control panel (v1.4, 7/31/2015)

Postby shirepirate » 15 Sep 2014 22:23

i've made an admin control panel, capturing the best of both worlds from two prior versions by calinou and bonifarz (thanks guys):
http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3450
http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3615

v1.4
licensed

moderators to founders alike should find this very useful. in fact, it would be nice if I could get some to test it. in a sort of ridiculous way it's straight-forward and simple to use, covering a wide variety of functions (though it may take a day or two to learn where things are). the idea was to make it possible to accomplish all the functions through as few clicks as possible, so the interface looks a bit full. also i don't know cubescript, so the code is mostly thrown together as i struggled my way through. :mrgreen:

the main goals of this panel are ease of use and simplicity. if things get too complicated it will defeat the purpose of why i created it.

admincp.cfg
(87.44 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

to install, download admincp.cfg and place it in your RE personal data folder
- Windows: ~\Users\~\My Documents\My Games\Red Eclipse
- OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/redeclipse
- GNU/Linux: ~/.redeclipse
then add the following line to the file autoexec.cfg in the same folder:
exec admincp.cfg

if there is no autoexec.cfg then create a new text file and name it so, ensuring the file extension is .cfg

you can also download here: https://github.com/red-eclipse/communit ... pirate/cfg

the default bind keys are LEFTBRACKET [ and RIGHTBRACKET ], but this is easy enough to change to whatever you want (it's right at the top of the file). also, you'll probably find yourself using some binds less and less if you prefer an interface menu to a clumsy setup of remembering what does what on your keyboard.

it may be a little ugly but it works great :)
Last edited by shirepirate on 21 Sep 2014 21:05, edited 5 times in total.
shirepirate

Re: admin control panel

Postby freezurbern » 16 Sep 2014 02:19

That's a very busy layout, but I like it! Thanks for this.

Edit: is it possible to show teams side by side like on the scoreboard? for those weird instances of balancing teams. like sometimes on play.re when it fails to fix 4 v 2.
freezurbern

Postby bonifarz » 16 Sep 2014 09:01

That does not look bad, shirepirate.
Right, either you want to keep the number of needed clicks small, or you want to make the layout compact. However, for many actions it is much more convenient to just use the terminal - in this case, adding more functionality to the gui does not really make the user's life easier, but rather serves as a lookup/ help menu. That's why I ditched most buttons from my old script and focussed on actions that affect a specific player, so a gui can be useful for selecting someone. The current script may be a bit hard to find and comes with radio buttons:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78#p601
It could be a good starting point for adding/pasting your extras. Just keep in mind that a useful gui does not only provide buttons, but also shows you some information about the current state of those vars that can be changed there.
E.g. if you want to change the insta weapon, a button (guiimage) could show the current weapon icon, and clicking it will insert a row of icons you can click to change the variable. Yet, that's not really better than just entering the variable in the terminal, is it?

Side note: Let users choose their key bindings - i think it is better to omit the bind in the cfg than to override some custom binding.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shirepirate » 16 Sep 2014 20:02

ah, i can't believe i missed that thread! yet, i think i like selecting users as in the 1st version better than the radio buttons personally. as acer said also it's important to remember not a lot of people like to type commands, and only the learned will know what all the commands are anyway. an interface that has it all right there (clumsy as it may be) is good for beginner server operators or new moderators. also the only way the console/terminal is faster than such a gui really is if you set up custom aliases, after which you have to remember what they all are and not activate them accidentally. a gui is much faster than typing things out each time if you get to know it well (especially when you take into account the unlimited amount of actions one or a couple buttons can perform, which i might take advantage of in later versions).

i'd intended for this panel to be extensive/comprehensive and cover most useful functions you'd normally have to type a command for, rather than leaving things out because a user might already know about them.

there are a couple cool things i might be able to take from that 2nd one though, like the permissions icons next to the names.
the current state of vars is a good point i suppose, but i tend to wonder if it is really necessary considering how cluttered it already looks. i could hide some portions of it until they are needed, but then it requires more clicks in a pinch.

freezur, i'll see what i can do about making manual team balancing simpler (something i've had success with myself lately when playing. players don't seem to mind much).
shirepirate

Postby bonifarz » 17 Sep 2014 05:30

I did not mean to tell you what to do here, shirepirate. What works fine and feels convenient for you cannot be all that wrong :)
Rather, I explained the history of my small script to give you more design options. Also, please note that acerspyro made some first derivative work (same topic) - his decision to add guitabs could be a good way to deal with "cluttered"-ness.
Terminal vs gui speed: A matter of preference and being used to.
Finally, I'd like to come back to the point of documentation, or info for new ops. This recent addition to the wiki seems very useful:
http://redeclipse.net/wiki/Admin_Guide
So, if you think some (current and future) commands of your script are generally relevant and useful to know, why not expand the wiki article accordingly? :)
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shirepirate » 17 Sep 2014 22:56

i've made an update that helps with team balancing, players are grouped together by team for easier visual processing.
getclientpriv doesn't seem to be working properly when i test it on any server, it always returns as 1? and 1 seems to be no priv or the default user? otherwise i'd add player auth icons next to the names. perhaps i'm doing something wrong, but it seems like getclientpriv is malfunctioning.

also, anyone know a variable or alias that always returns as true for multi modes? that way i can get rid of those sections when the game is not multi.

the default bind key is now F5
shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 18 Sep 2014 01:11

The getclientpriv command is a comparison, not a value. if (getclientpriv cn priv)... This is because local players have an effective level that isn't determined by their priv. I will fix this up later to provide a command that just returns their level.

if (& (mutators) $mutsbitmulti)... let's you determine if you are playing multi. You should maybe try reading through some of the existing menu configs, the team selector menu has this check (data/config/game.cfg).
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 18 Sep 2014 08:57

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shirepirate » 20 Sep 2014 06:56

shirepirate

Postby bonifarz » 20 Sep 2014 09:58

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shirepirate » 21 Sep 2014 21:04

so yea, once again not sure why i was having a problem with that command before (don't try to work on code when you're tired?), but bot icons show now and a couple other bugs fixed. at this point i've pretty much done everything i immediately wanted to do with the panel also, so it might be a while before more features are added. i hope it's of use to someone :) and please report any bugs
shirepirate

Postby Duck » 27 Sep 2014 17:01

Shirepirate, everytime I press my key to open the panel, an error comes up saying " Fatal signal 11 (Segmentation Violation.) Any way to fix this?
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby freezurbern » 27 Sep 2014 17:19

freezurbern

Postby bonifarz » 27 Sep 2014 20:30

| | | |
bonifarz

Postby shirepirate » 27 Sep 2014 23:29

yeah, that's definitely it. use the panel with r6550 i suppose, until 1.5 is released.
shirepirate

Postby JDWhyte » 19 Oct 2014 02:32

This is nice shire... appreciate the work...
JDWhyte

Postby Duck » 19 Oct 2014 03:17

Indeed, this is very helpful. Good work!
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby JDWhyte » 30 Jul 2015 04:21

Is there an updated version of this for 1.5.3?
JDWhyte

Postby shacknetisp » 30 Jul 2015 04:34

I don't think so, but Bonifarz's moderator GUI, which does almost or everything this does, is available at for 1.5
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby shirepirate » 30 Jul 2015 04:54

yeah been meaning to update this, but the code was pretty atrocious. i still like the style of this one a lot more though, easier to balance players. i'll look at it again soon.
shirepirate

Postby bonifarz » 30 Jul 2015 06:37

Well, I don't recommend to use my moderate menu, I think there is just too much stuff you don't really need.
Quite a while ago, I decided it would be much nicer to expand the client menu with moderation functionality and lots of extra information.
https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/blo ... cfg#l25-42
I passed the project over to Iceflower, who then polished the layout and style. That's why I did not publish the menu yet.
I don't know if that is Icy's latest version, but there is a copy on github:
https://github.com/IceflowRE/community/ ... client.cfg
I think it could make a great addition, so Icy should open a topic or pull request to discuss this one :)
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Iceflower » 30 Jul 2015 10:13

I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
Iceflower

Postby JDWhyte » 30 Jul 2015 13:56

The only reason why I'm asking for updated menus is to include in a GUI I'm working on I call "SwissGUI" which basically is a menu for everyone's GUI's... I was hoping to integrate someone elses' moderation menu or control panel to save me from writing my own, I'd rather save my time and give someone credit and exposure. But they are nice to have when you're on your own servers..

@Shire sometimes it's easier and less clutter if you divide your gui's into their own cfg files...
JDWhyte

Postby RaZgRiZ » 30 Jul 2015 13:58

RaZgRiZ

Postby qreeves » 31 Jul 2015 03:33

At this point, it's easier to get the best stuff and put it into RE for real. Open development!
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 01 Aug 2015 02:48

i've updated this with what is sort of an "in progress" version.

it is all fully functional barring bugs, but i will likely add a lot more soon. my goal is to eventually branch this out into an intuitive server setup GUI that can permanently write changed variables to servers (when this functionality is added to the game).

it's mostly the same, but updated for 1.5 and I experimented with some new stuff. and of course, the code is a hell of a lot cleaner (though not as optimized as it could be).

i still need to finish working on all the weapon configuration stuff, so that isn't added yet.

test it if you want, feedback and/or feature requests are welcome.
shirepirate

Re: admin control panel (v1.4, 7/31/2015)

Postby bonifarz » 01 Aug 2015 09:30

That's a nice update, shirepirate.
There's lots of preset buttons for commonly used actions, like reasons for moderator actions - I like that aspect.

I see you also have a panel for editing various lock vars: Radios to select such a variable, and buttons with rank icons below to set the chosen variable. There's no indication of the current value/rank, right?
I've added a similar thing for editlock and spawneditlock to the editing menu. There I use an array of icons that change colour to indicate the current setting. The code looks a bit complicated because i added a guibody for showing a tooltip, but you can easily add more vars to the loop to get a full array for all of them. Maybe it is useful for your nice menu.
https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/blo ... #L278-L289
| | | |
bonifarz

Return to Maps and Mods