[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [Map] Decay

[Map] Decay

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[Map] Decay

Postby unixfreak » 01 Mar 2014 13:16

Here's a map i've been quietly working on that's been edited on and off for about a year now. Finally got around to texturing it properly and taken it out of limbo. :evil:

decay.png

The map is not team based... no base areas, so it's probably better for mutators in free for all modes or just team deathmatches. I have added bomberball affinities, although i'm not too sure how well it will play. Team deathmatch and ffa matches seem to suit the map best.

(make sure you use the svn version of the game):
decay.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 342 times

License is CC-BY-SA.

Screenshots:

(gallery link: http://imgur.com/a/CeuZu )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 1 (r208)
Textured most of the map
Added some more obstacles
Playerstarts
Waypoints
More lighting
Better placed particles
Weapons (should be placed okay)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2 (r214)
Hunted down texted errors/bugs
Fixed up the teleport chamber
Moved a few weapons and ents
Made some floors look a bit more dirty
Bomberball-hold spawn
Added trigger for (not very) hidden shortcut

Update 3 (r218) (final?)
Several texture bugs fixed
Added some strut/support to the upper grated floor
Moved a few ents

Last edited by unixfreak on 04 Apr 2014 23:03, edited 11 times in total.
unixfreak

Re: [Map] Decay (feedback?)

Postby Ulukai » 01 Mar 2014 23:05

I've only been able to take a look at the screenshots so far, but it really does look very promising so far! Texturing and lighting look good already, you got some nice geometry and details in there too, but it's hard to tell whether it is wide and open enough for good RE gameplay from the screenies. I'll hope to be able to check it out in more detail soon and I will get back to you.

Nice that you've been working in silence and then pop out your head with this nice map :)
Ulukai

Postby FaTony » 02 Mar 2014 03:13

How did you playtest the map without waypoints then? Remember, .
FaTony

Postby freezurbern » 02 Mar 2014 03:17

freezurbern

Postby freezurbern » 02 Mar 2014 03:20

I really like the theme!
I think this map fits well with the current set of maps available in RE, and would love to see it included. The texturing is pretty good, and the flow isnt bad (despite my general distaste with stairs in RE and RL)
freezurbern

Postby Unnamed » 02 Mar 2014 17:09

A nice theme and good lighting and texturing. I found some texture errors, but you have not finished texturing anyway.
The map is open and the only ffa map of its size.
Unnamed

Postby unixfreak » 04 Mar 2014 09:28

Thansk for the input everyone, i did alot more to the upper section last night.
Should also now be playable with bots (added waypoints/spawns/weapons).

Also fixed the teleport and added some nice particle effects. Some places are a bit dark and could do with more lighting, still playing around with that.
unixfreak

Postby unixfreak » 06 Mar 2014 19:40

Fixed it up to playable condition. Had a few bot matches and it works okay as far as i can tell.
If i missed anything, let me know!

I might add multiple bomber-hold spawns (if that works? have not tried before) and maybe some other gamemode entities, i'm not sure what will work with the maps layout however. It doesn't have team specific spawn locations, as the map would be unbalanced due to it's layout.

I've forgotten how to set what gamemodes / mutators the map allows. How do i do that again?
unixfreak

Postby qreeves » 07 Mar 2014 00:17

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby unixfreak » 07 Mar 2014 12:21

unixfreak

Postby Ulukai » 07 Mar 2014 14:18

Ulukai

Re: [Map] Decay

Postby unixfreak » 04 Apr 2014 22:49

Updated, mostly to fix some barely visible texture bugs.
Added some screenshots also.

Hopefully, this is a finished version. Can't seem to find any more problems with it for now.
unixfreak

Postby shirepirate » 04 Apr 2014 23:42

it looks really good. i'll give it a try tonight.
that warp or whatever it is looks reminiscent of stargate :geek:
definitely some cool lighting effects too

edit:
it's actually a fun map to play, with some interesting elements. the warp behind the door downstairs off to the side is not that easy to stumble upon. actually, i had to enter edit to find it. the weapons are well-placed, and in fact, everything seems to be intelligently placed when it comes to cover or escape routes.

there might possibly be a few too many explosives (and i mean literally just a few).

this is quite the camping spot to pick off n00bs:

it is definitely not too plain. there are enough intricacies to make it worth playing several rounds in a row before boredom sets in. it seems to flow very well, didn't get a feeling of incompleteness in any of it's areas. great job dude.
shirepirate

Postby Calinou » 07 Apr 2014 18:03

Calinou

Postby unixfreak » 07 Apr 2014 18:34

unixfreak

Postby unixfreak » 07 Apr 2014 18:41

unixfreak

Return to Maps and Mods