[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Convolution v2

[MAP] Convolution v2

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] Convolution v2

Postby Unnamed » 19 Aug 2014 12:28

dramatic multi map (with lightning)
There are many particles.

update: v2
-smoothed the rocks at the middle of the map
-some texture changes (I also use now two of the textures made for darkness)
-moved the flag spawns on the top of the hallways
-slightly brighter skylight

conv.zip
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 222 times

20140819113955.jpg

20140819113945.jpg
Last edited by Unnamed on 26 Sep 2014 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Convolution

Postby unixfreak » 19 Aug 2014 13:44

Nice concept with the dynamic light as a lightning effect, i had not thought of that before. It works pretty well. The map is very dark, but the lightning compensates it for a short time.

After running/sliding around the map, i feel the rocky formations could be smoothed out a little. They seem awkward to navigate over (unless that's what you intended).
unixfreak

Postby shirepirate » 20 Aug 2014 03:09

so in a multi game... there are 16 rockets? what the actual fuck were you thinking :?

i didn't try your custom textures yet but i like the environment man, you've captured something great there. your strengths for sure lie in creative use of textures and particles, sometimes awe-inspiring. the multiple flag spawns is a neat idea, but i think it might be very easy to defend the higher spawn point, with only 1 narrow hallway to cover (the ceiling openings alleviate it slightly).

my gamma is always higher than it should be so i can see shit, so i didn't find it too dark. the game needs more maps with a dark feel to it anyway. i'd be interested to see what a non-multi version of this map would look like, but i don't have a great love for the mutator as it's rarely used.
shirepirate

Postby radiant » 20 Aug 2014 03:18

radiant

Postby qreeves » 20 Aug 2014 03:22

SVN maps shouldn't be able to load in 1.4.x. Is there some sort of bug?
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 20 Aug 2014 03:34

ah, well that makes a lot more sense! :mrgreen:

viewing the map in SVN i see there's only 1 rocket (swords placed as swords must remain swords in 1.4.x also, as the one near a flag spawn didn't become a rocket). i haven't found a map yet i couldn't at least load in r6550. also it seems SVN protocol was bumped again somewhere along the revisions recently, as a couple of the updated servers are listed as "using a newer protocol" when viewed in r6695
shirepirate

Postby radiant » 20 Aug 2014 03:52

At the very least, my update to Suspended (which didn't add zappers or any other weapon) was saved on a recent SVN, and it loads under 1.4 with the mine locations turning into excess rockets, so if the parser is supposed to reject that version of the map, it's not doing so.
radiant

Re: [MAP] Convolution v2

Postby Unnamed » 26 Sep 2014 09:39

v2 released
I smoothed the rocks using a smaller grid size and used two of the textures I made for darkness.
Unnamed

Return to Maps and Mods