[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - 4 Near-Completed Maps from Fireclaw

4 Near-Completed Maps from Fireclaw

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

4 Near-Completed Maps from Fireclaw

Postby WeskerHunter » 14 Jul 2014 01:42

For those of you who've played with Fireclaw in the past, you might have known he was quite a prolific mapmaker. He never got around to submitting his maps, and it seems he's decided to leave the game. He's given me permission to put 4 of his completed or near-completed maps here in the hopes that somebody would be interested in putting the finishing touches. So here's what he's got:

Fireclaw's Maps.png

Piperun
A smallish "industrial" map for all modes
Piperun is pretty much completed, but there might be a couple of tweaks yet.

Brimstone
A duel/deathmatch map
Brimstone is probably a little on the simpler side but it wouldn't take much work to add a little more detail.

Centrifuge
A large "dystopic nuclear facility" map for all modes
Fireclaw's magnum opus. The surrounding buildings are incomplete but the playable area is beautifully designed and textured.

Concrete Playground
An Error-esque duel/ffa deathmatch arena
The least-developed of the maps. All the geometry's there but it still needs texturing, lights, spawns, etc.

Per Fireclaw's wishes, anyone who finishes up these maps will have secondary authorship credit.

I haven't bothered him with licensing details yet, but as these maps were made specifically with the hope of getting them in the official rotation, I'm sure he'd be fine with a free culture license.

I've zipped all four maps together here:
Fireclaw's Maps.zip
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 164 times

Good luck and happy mapping!
For every profound and uplifting signature, there is an equally thought-provoking one. For every italicized word, there is a new fascination. For every parallel comparison of antonyms, a breathless captivation. Where someone writes to inspire, someone else facetiously mimics... :D
WeskerHunter

Re: 4 Near-Completed Maps from Fireclaw

Postby Honno » 14 Jul 2014 13:28

Piperun is alright, I just wouldn't make it an objective map as it's so small (which kind of defeats the purpose). Centrifuge isn't really suited for ctf/bb either, as it's a smal and linear pathway between the flags (I need places to parkour), but I can see it being a particularly good deathmatch map. I have no qualms gameplay-wise for Brimstone and Concrete- had a lot of fun playing small deathmatch games in the two. I hope to see these maps finished up for 1.5 so we can finally have some more choices, I'm just too lazy and inexperienced myself :(
Honno

Re: 4 Near-Completed Maps from Fireclaw

Postby restcoser » 16 Jul 2014 10:41

Must resist, got enough projects... Still, I might see if I have somewhen too much time on my hands :P
restcoser

Return to Maps and Mods