[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Singularity v5

[MAP] Singularity v5

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] Singularity v5

Postby Unnamed » 06 Feb 2014 19:47

It's a symmetrical multi/ffa dm/ctf/dac map.
There is a kind of reactor in the middle of the map.

update: v5
-added doors/other mapmodels that block some ways in ffa/multi/team
-the bases are closed if unused
-added 8 stairs, 2 above each of the base entrances leading to the small platforms
-added small hallways that lead to the small platforms above the base entrances
-added 2 jumpers on two sides of the reactor
-bigger side hallways on the other two sides
-removed some grenades and added two in each base
-changed weapon spawns

update: v4
-new bases behind the old ones and corridors connecting them
-added geometry seperating the big central room into 4 sections
-changed weapon spawns
-updated waypoints

update: v3
-one biger trench instead of two
-more windows and glass walls at the reactor
-blurlms 2
-updated waypoints

update: v2
-the ceiling and the windows are lower
-the trenches are deeper and a bit longer
-clipping
-added two rockets (for multi/not multi)
Attachments
20140528193700.jpg
alpha base
20140530164808.jpg
singularity_v5.zip
(5.98 MiB) Downloaded 235 times
Last edited by Unnamed on 30 May 2014 17:31, edited 3 times in total.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Singularity v3

Postby Unnamed » 07 May 2014 13:31

v3 released
I made the trenches two times wider and the reactor has more details.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Singularity v3

Postby subraizada3 » 07 May 2014 20:36

Last edited by subraizada3 on 23 Jun 2016 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
subraizada3

Re: [MAP] Singularity v4

Postby Unnamed » 28 May 2014 17:51

Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Singularity v4

Postby shirepirate » 29 May 2014 04:28

i like the map a lot. it's a great multi-mode map (especially multi ctf), one that might actually make the mode more fun with uneven teams. lots of great little design decisions in it. yes, it is complex enough. here are a few suggestions:

lose the upper and lower "rings" surrounding the lightning part of the reactor, leaving just the middle one. gives a much better view of it i think. there is enough alpha material to make it sufficiently visible if that is done.

add 2 small jumpers leading to these platforms with the rifles, that are in front of the small hallways (a small jumper that places you on top of that hump). reason being that geometry doesn't flow with the gameplay very well (the engine does strange things with your speed sometimes when you try to climb a complicated incline).

remove some of this dark-colored geometry and enlarge these side hallways just a tad, they are just too small in my opinion:

add either a bridge that cuts across the middle or 2 curved bridges leading from the light colored center geometry next to the reactor to the upper platforms (where you see the sword located), at each corner of the map:

i suggest making these light strips at each corner of the center into ladder material (make a creative ladder out of it) that leads to the top of the reactor, and adding a circular platform surrounding the top of the reactor (outside the glass). this will provide a nice view of it if you take the other suggestion and remove that upper ring surrounding the lightning, also. it would be the highest point of stand-able geometry in the map yet easy to reach either by a ladder or complicated parkour means.

add a couple mapmodel barriers blocking off the alternate teams' flag room access points for non-multi? (namely the doorways at the flag rooms and the 2 small hallways up higher)

idk if leaving out the team symbol mapmodels was an intentional design decision or not, but i like it a lot in this implementation.

and lastly, something that can be very dangerous to a map or even ruin it is too many explosives. my strongest suggestion is cut them down and place them a little more intelligently. 2 rockets is enough for multi in this map, 1 normal. you have 16 grenades in the center with no flags/muts on them :D perhaps 1 or 2 in the flag rooms instead of in the center? nades are very effective to stop someone stealing the flag. and cut the ones in the center in half for standard non-multi? i think most would agree that mines are more strategic anyway (and i'd say there's the perfect amount of those).

it's obvious you spent some good hours into making this map, and you did a great job. i don't see any reason it couldn't be added even without any of those changes made. i think multi CTF with some talented players would be the "funnest" mode on this map.

hope any of that can help
shirepirate

Re: [MAP] Singularity v5

Postby Unnamed » 30 May 2014 16:48

Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Singularity v5

Postby Evropi » 04 Jun 2014 18:17

Nice. I don't think it fits RE very well, ironically, but if someone made a survival horror spin-off with zombies (à la Killing Floor), I would want to play on this map. :D By the way, it reminded me a bit of the last level of Half Life 2. I have never thought that the Cube 2 Engine could produce such wonderful graphics.
Evropi

Return to Maps and Mods