[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [REMIX] Toxic Abuse

[REMIX] Toxic Abuse

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[REMIX] Toxic Abuse

Postby acerspyro » 26 Jul 2017 00:00

Attachments
20170725195216.png
20170725195232.png
20170725195302.png
20170725195325.png
toxicabuse.zip
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
*screams internally*
acerspyro

Re: [REMIX] Toxic Abuse

Postby Alxa » 27 Jul 2017 02:48

BIG improvement. Although, some people found it distracting
Visit our clan webpage: >SOON<
Visit the Koos Youtube channel:
Alxa

Postby LoxForever » 28 Jul 2017 17:29

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby molexted » 30 Jul 2017 01:02

What is this "good graphics card" you purportedly have? I'm getting 150 fps on my HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge i5 Mobile) at max settings with Mesa 10.2

Also, please don't use ellipses to quote Alxa out of context by ignoring the "BIG improvement" part.

If you thought Toxic Abuse was too strongly colored for you, I have just the map:
Attachments
20170729175256.png
20170729181013.png
abuse2.zip
(297.64 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Full disclaimer: I own an Opteron.
molexted

Postby LoxForever » 30 Jul 2017 12:37

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby shacknetisp » 30 Jul 2017 12:48

If you have trouble running Red Eclipse with good performance, turn down the graphics options. if for some reason you have trouble on just one map, write a script to periodically check the map's name and modify the settings accordingly (I could help you with this if you want). Red Eclipse cannot afford to forego better maps and graphics for the sake of low-end computers, we have the graphics options for that purpose.

For what it's worth, I have equal or better performance here compared to the old abuse, which leads me to believe there is not actually a problem with the map.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby molexted » 30 Jul 2017 17:02

I assume that "3rd gen graphics" means Ivy Bridge Integrated (HD 4000). That integrated chip is nearly twice as fast as my HD 3000 chipset. You should fix your graphics drivers, since your performance is not consistent with the power of the chip you have.
If you have a different card, please tell me, since "3rd gen graphics" is still quite vague.

If you want help with hardware configuration, I need exact information about your CPU, GPU, RAM, OS, and driver version.
molexted

Postby LoxForever » 30 Jul 2017 21:54

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby molexted » 31 Jul 2017 00:41

You have not provided any information relevant to the lag problem with the map.
Your reports are not consistent with what everyone else has reported about this map.
There is nothing we can do about an isolated case with no relevant information surrounding it.
Provide more information because your personal opinion on the matter is irrelevant, and we aren't going to change things based on your hunches.
Last edited by molexted on 31 Jul 2017 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
molexted

Postby shacknetisp » 31 Jul 2017 00:42

Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby SniperGoth » 31 Jul 2017 01:28

I also have some fps problems on the big laser-bridge area.
Tested a 10 bot team deathmatch on it just now.
Turning /glare to 0 solves a bit of it, and turning off water refractions helps tremendouslly.
The issue here is the water, as with all water-based maps, it breaks performance a LOT, even though /waterlod is set to 0 on this map, doesn't help that much.
But since Abuse is a map made for duels, it doesn't have that much performance hits on that case.
Attachments
20170730221909.png
With refractions
20170730221917.png
Without refractions
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby acerspyro » 31 Jul 2017 03:09

I do not recommend anyone plays the game with most, or any for that matter, water settings enabled, as they are currently incredibly inefficient and a big cause of performance degradation.
This makes the water FPS drop a non-issue, we can only hope it will be someday fixed, as other maps suffer from these issues even moreso than this one.
*screams internally*
acerspyro

Postby LoxForever » 01 Sep 2017 08:23

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Return to Maps and Mods