[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Polaris (Merged)

[MAP] Polaris (Merged)

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] Polaris (Merged)

Postby molexted » 23 Jul 2017 13:25

This map has been merged into 1.5.9.

Polaris is a small duel-only map set far to the north. It's comprised of three rooms and an outside atrium and is positioned as the spiritual successor to sand. Like sand, polaris has closely packed rooms with large verticals separating each other and is intended to be a gameplay-first map.

Weapons: 2 rifles, 1 shotgun, 1 zapper, 1 flamer, 1 sword, 1 SMG, 1 plasma, 3 grenades, 0 mines, 0 rockets
Credit to Acerspyro, zaquest, Dziq, and Snipergoth for help on this map.
Attachments
20170723061612.png
20170723061607.png
20170723061604.png
20170723061559.png
polaris.zip
(921.27 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Full disclaimer: I own an Opteron.
molexted

Re: [MAP] Polaris (Merged)

Postby Alxa » 05 Aug 2017 12:21

Good map. But i feel some of the "furniture" doesn't fit the color of the map, like those red benches on the second image.
Visit our clan webpage: >SOON<
Visit the Koos Youtube channel:
Alxa

Postby LoxForever » 03 Sep 2017 01:28

This map lacks creativity, it looks much like all other maps already in the game.
It is also very small, has many design errors and some ugly bugs, that even inexperienced players like me can experiment.

Some bugs and bad randomness:

I am standing on a fence of 1x1 pixel. Players literally walk on nothing. :cry:
Also, snow is blocked by... air??? There is a huge gap between the fence and the snow.

I am even supposed to stand here? I see the limit of the map, where the wall of snow gets cutted...

There is a player stuck in the glass that rotates by glitching its own body. Is he possessed by a demon or what? :|
Seriously, WTF.

This is a teleport. I enter in an empty door without effects but with a small pannel and without interacting I get teleported. Yes, I enter and I appear, without a reason, into another room.

There is a standpipe for normal people... near the same standpipe, but for dwarfs. Nice idea, they should implement that in real life. :lol:

I can jump without touching the jumper, from nearly a meter. In all other maps I jump after touching it, so if this is not a telepathic jumper...

When hiding near the door the player crouches without the consent of the user. Bad collision or badly placed objects.

There is a fountain for dwarfs but the recycle bin is for giants.

The wall blocks the snow with the power of dark force, without touching it. If this is the future, I want to be there.

Lights are not placed properly, the reflection glitches on the wall.

I can't believe these holograms/glasses can ricochet bullets, but in other official maps bullets can pierce huge glasses of thick glass.

Buddy, I don't like to criticize the work of people, but you gave a stern opinion on my maps, the least I can do is reciprocate. Of course, I do it with screenshots and precise critics, so you can fix and get better. ;)
Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby molexted » 03 Sep 2017 17:47

20170903_094508.jpg

Inane.
molexted

Postby LoxForever » 06 Sep 2017 10:17

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby molexted » 07 Sep 2017 03:16

molexted

Postby LoxForever » 07 Sep 2017 11:51

<<>> :lol:

I'm not here to quarrel, only to report bugs with screenshots. Since you've already merged this version in the game itself, at least try fix the bugs before the next game release: don't worry, you have much time and at least you will make a good figure, after all. :|

bb
Check these maps:
LoxForever

Return to Maps and Mods