[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] The Cosmic Pillars [REMOVED by the author]

[MAP] The Cosmic Pillars [REMOVED by the author]

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] The Cosmic Pillars [REMOVED by the author]

Postby LoxForever » 04 May 2017 18:43

> ENGLISH
This map will no longer be available here and will be kept in another RedEclipse fork.
Reason: RedEclipse staff does not like or support the integration of maps made by users in future versions of the game and does not have sufficient funds to continue the development of the game.

> ITALIAN
Questa mappa non sarà più disponibile qui e sarà mantenuta in un altro gioco indipendente simile a RedEclipse.
Motivazione: il personale non amministrativo di RedEclipse non gradisce nè supporta l'integrazione di mappe fatte dall'utenza nelle future versioni del gioco e non dispone di fondi sufficienti per continuare lo sviluppo del gioco.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello FPS lovers!

I've put some efforts to make an eye-candy environment without impacting the performance too much and the screenshots do not reflect them. Try the map, it's only 2mb. ;-)

This map uses texture occlusion to allow a fair gameplay between players with different hardware resources, but is aimed to competitive gamers with high-end hardware.
Disable reflections, animations and texture effects to boost your FPS.

Tips and tricks: execute a suicidal double jump to take the rocket launcher at the center of the map. After taking it you'll be teleported above the map, shot from there on the enemy side and then do an impulse slide in mid-air to land safely on the bridge of your team.
First gameplay: In this map lava is transparent on the sides (to balance the gameplay) but will kill immediately, use this at your advantage. AFAIK players will likely die at the spawn by falling in the cosmic void or in lava pools: learn to move in air and land safely. You will have no time to think. :twisted:

Note: this is a huge map that also implement some experimental/unsupported RE features, report any defect with private messages and I'll give credit on the next revision. Thank you! ;)

Last edited by LoxForever on 01 Oct 2017 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Check these maps:
LoxForever

Re: [MAP] The Cosmic Pillars

Postby Dziq » 05 May 2017 06:57

Please tell me why bots will have access to grenades/mines and players not ? even possible to do ?
Can someone tell me what is 'texture occlusion' too?
there nothing like spawn-jumpers in RE, I know only about jumpers, don't invent such terms that don't exists. like this and texture occlusion, along with 'unsupported features'..
Why map is 'funny' ? I dont see nothing funny here ;) square blocks are funny ? damn, I need to try LSD too
Also nothing funny with easy-to-get rocket.
Overall map is boring for me, just flat squares, many bugs, unfinished parts, messed clips/ai clips.. Map like that can be done without much effort in 30 minutes, just my 3 cents
Dziq

Postby LoxForever » 06 May 2017 12:19

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby bonifarz » 06 May 2017 13:11

Calm down, Lox

I see Dziq as a respected community member with no intention to discredit your map, and what could be his personal advantage in doing so? (*Rhetorical question indicator*)

That's just his way to ask about points from your description that are not very clear ;)

Btw., with occlusion we usually refer to the cube engine's way to assess the visibility of geometry segments, which implies that open map layouts are less efficient to render. So, it is more about conditional visibility. Of course, it is also good practice to apply "sky" texture to all facets that will never be visible while playing.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby SniperGoth » 06 May 2017 14:34

Yeah, dziq got a bit too harsh this time...
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby LoxForever » 06 May 2017 17:18

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby qreeves » 07 May 2017 02:48

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Dziq » 08 May 2017 09:07

Lox wrote: "I also tried to work with you on online maps, but like the others, I had difficulty for your social behavior."

I dont remember that we working on something, nobody have problems with coop edit with me..
You first post seems to me that you describe things in such a way, that make others think you know much more about RE and cube engine in general, even if its not true.
thats just my way, you don't know me. Even if I say such things, I'm the first person to help. I wrote HONEST thoughts, I'm always been honest even if someone don't like that - you don't take criticism too well ? - that's something that you need to improve 'my friend'.
And about this "everyone hates you": don't speak for others, I dont care much about some random people that don't know me or misunderstood my words
Dziq

Postby LoxForever » 08 May 2017 16:10

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby Dziq » 08 May 2017 19:39

Yah, play dumb and victim, put more fuel to flame.., but in the end - you are loser because you don't have courage to deal with criticism or even not able to make any proper arguments.
You don't seems to understand anything.. . I'll take action first and just ignore you without scripts. Nothing more to say, it's not worth any second talking/writing to you, even with full polite approach . . . .
Dziq

Return to Maps and Mods