[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Terrarium: RC 1

[MAP] Terrarium: RC 1

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] Terrarium: RC 1

Postby molexted » 19 Apr 2017 02:00

Attachments
terrarium0.zip
Just for lols, here's the initial release to compare to
(890.88 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
20170517235035.jpg
20170517235404.jpg
terrarium.zip
Release Candidate 1, released Monday June 19
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
Last edited by molexted on 20 Jun 2017 07:05, edited 65 times in total.
Full disclaimer: I own an Opteron.
molexted

Re: [MAP] (WIP) Terrarium

Postby qreeves » 19 Apr 2017 11:21

Looks pretty cool, but I'm worried all the details will be bad for certain setups with all the grass, water, and mapmodels (you seem to be only getting ~40fps yourself).
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby molexted » 19 Apr 2017 15:33

I capped myself at 40 fps there :)
Frame rate is a bit of a problem at full settings, but turning off grass and water reflections nets a large boost in frame rate (about 2x)
On my Intel HD 3000 laptop this map does about 60-80 fps with grass off and 25-30 with full grass.
molexted

Postby qreeves » 20 Apr 2017 00:54

Ah, that's probably OK, even if most people don't know how to turn off grass and reflections (but that's more a problem with the old graphics options).
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby SniperGoth » 20 Apr 2017 12:37

It just doesn't look right with the current color palette.
Maybe a dark-blue tone ambient, a skylight instead of sunlight (because from what i remember this skybox doesn't have a sun), a thicker fog, some yellow lights could make it look better in my perspective :p
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby DonGeilo » 20 Apr 2017 15:08

I really like the idea with those broken windows and the all over theme. The way between the two bases in CTF is a little to short and easy imo. There should be at least no direct sight between those two. I would also make the map a little bigger and add at least one more alternate routes between the bases. Maybe add two more rooms with some Jurrasic Park-like electric fences and stuff.
DonGeilo

Postby molexted » 20 Apr 2017 23:37

Last edited by molexted on 26 Apr 2017 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
molexted

Postby molexted » 23 Apr 2017 06:47

Last edited by molexted on 26 Apr 2017 07:10, edited 1 time in total.
molexted

Postby bonifarz » 24 Apr 2017 20:20

Hey, I like this one.

Have you considered to clip or noclip part of the jagged glass geometry? It is a bit odd to get stuck on these sharp edges (an old glitch).

Also, nice use of envmap on the ceiling.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby molexted » 25 Apr 2017 05:43

molexted

Postby molexted » 27 Apr 2017 03:07

molexted

Postby qreeves » 27 Apr 2017 04:51

I think everyone would probably like to see this map end up in the game, so when you're done don't forget to submit an or to the .
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby molexted » 28 Apr 2017 05:06

molexted

Postby molexted » 30 Apr 2017 06:53

molexted

Postby bonifarz » 30 Apr 2017 09:55

Looks good.

Clip on the trees is a cool enhancement, have you chosen the grid size here according to the "stair" stepsize worldvar? Seems to work pretty well.

I see you have clipped the glass spikes, however, most tips still stand out and interfere with player movement. Nothing serious, but one can still get stuck. And while I think that the player's metal legs are way too robust to take damage from sharp glass edges, I still like to point out the option to use hurt material with bleed residual. If you're supposed to keep a distance, complaints about clipping issues are less likely, heheh.

I'm not sure if the water particles emitted from the pipes are a good idea. It is hard to make that look good without using an excessive number of particles. Raising the falling speed might help a bit.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby molexted » 01 May 2017 06:21

molexted

Postby qreeves » 01 May 2017 09:25

If the player is staring at something long enough to nit pick, then they're not playing the game properly :P
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby molexted » 02 May 2017 05:38

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium

Postby molexted » 04 May 2017 06:50

Last edited by molexted on 10 May 2017 06:01, edited 2 times in total.
molexted

Postby molexted » 06 May 2017 06:53

Last edited by molexted on 10 May 2017 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
molexted

Postby molexted » 08 May 2017 07:36

Last edited by molexted on 10 May 2017 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
molexted

Postby molexted » 10 May 2017 05:55

molexted

Postby molexted » 12 May 2017 07:02

molexted

Postby Zero » 14 May 2017 00:58

Cool map. I didn't play any game modes but checked it out in editor looks sweet. I love detail as many others may know. :) I like the cracked glass effect. Was trying to see how you did that without separation. There are quite a bit of plants but guess that'd make a good jump scare for when a enemy jumps out from behind the bushes :) Keep it up. Look'n good.
Zero

Postby molexted » 14 May 2017 08:20

molexted

Postby LoxForever » 14 May 2017 12:59

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby Zero » 15 May 2017 00:30

Zero

Postby molexted » 15 May 2017 07:39

molexted

Postby LoxForever » 15 May 2017 15:27

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby bonifarz » 15 May 2017 19:51

Looks good, molex (alpha 26)

While it's damn hard to make the shattered glass and crack patterns look realistic, what you have so far is pretty nice. Okay, it is odd that the geometry alignment hinders wallruns. But hey, isn't that exactly what people have been looking for, clipping that is not wallrun-able? You found a way to glitch-craft it. Well done :)
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby molexted » 16 May 2017 05:59

molexted

Postby LoxForever » 16 May 2017 10:39

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Postby bonifarz » 16 May 2017 20:14

Take it easy, Lox... and don't let the language barrier hit you :roll:

Back to the collision weirdness on the "crack" surfaces - works exactly the same with clipping instead of glass, but i have no clue why it is "one sided". Might be due do the minimal grid size? But anyway, maybe you want to add another layer of clip for normal wall interaction. But even then you get an occasional kick off the geometry behind the clip and glass. Fascinating glitches, but we're getting off topic with that stuff.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby molexted » 17 May 2017 08:06

molexted

Postby molexted » 19 May 2017 07:45

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 33

Postby molexted » 21 May 2017 07:24

Last edited by molexted on 26 May 2017 07:00, edited 1 time in total.
molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 34

Postby molexted » 23 May 2017 07:44

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 37

Postby molexted » 25 May 2017 08:36

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 39

Postby molexted » 27 May 2017 07:25

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 40

Postby molexted » 29 May 2017 05:02

molexted

Postby LoxForever » 29 May 2017 17:05

Check these maps:
LoxForever

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 40

Postby bonifarz » 29 May 2017 19:54

Hey Lox, don't worry about incorrect language. What I mean with the language barrier problem is that subtle nuances in wording easily get misunderstood (works in both ways, reading and answering). I'm not a native speaker either, just keep in mind that sometimes your comments may be taken in another way than intended, and you should not get too emotional about that.

Molex, nice updates, and sorry for going a bit off topic again.
| | | |
bonifarz

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 41

Postby molexted » 30 May 2017 06:13

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 44

Postby molexted » 01 Jun 2017 08:25

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 45

Postby molexted » 03 Jun 2017 07:03

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 48

Postby molexted » 05 Jun 2017 07:00

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Alpha 49

Postby molexted » 07 Jun 2017 08:43

Last edited by molexted on 15 Jun 2017 04:54, edited 1 time in total.
molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium: Beta 1

Postby molexted » 08 Jun 2017 07:54

molexted

Re: [MAP] Terrarium RC1

Postby molexted » 20 Jun 2017 06:48

molexted

Return to Maps and Mods