[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] Hostile Version: 4.0 - Updated Screenshots - 5/21/17

[MAP] Hostile Version: 4.0 - Updated Screenshots - 5/21/17

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] Hostile Version: 4.0 - Updated Screenshots - 5/21/17

Postby Zero » 24 Jan 2017 03:38

Attachments
20170521012419.png
Hostile.zip
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
Last edited by Zero on 25 May 2017 02:06, edited 142 times in total.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town

Postby Damone » 24 Jan 2017 07:11

Hey, I played your map for an hour or so, on various gamemodes, and im really impressed with it so far. I love that its unique from some of the standard Red Eclipse stuff that I've seen.
Obviously its a work in progress so there is issues like you mentioned, but the layout so far is really nice.

The borders around the back house and opposite side barn do seem a little big, but maybe thats just me?
I love the creativity you put into it with the vehicles and the theme.

I heard you had a previous version, but I wasnt around for that.
The inside of the Train Depot area could use some lighting, as it gets pretty dark going through it.

The building across from it on the opposite side, is nice, but is pretty empty, and could use some lights as well.

Great map, had a ton of fun on it. Please, Please, keep working on this, I can't wait to see and play the finished version.
Damone

Postby qreeves » 24 Jan 2017 12:56

Screenshots are highly recommended for any topic in "Maps and Mods". I can take a look at the map later on in development if you continue to have issues with bots, sometimes it just needs a keen eye that understands their stupidity.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby IQrate » 24 Jan 2017 15:37

i tryed it and i think its nice but something is missing.It has bug in house with tv. And what are those flying houses in air mean?
OFFICIAL RE MORON :)
IQrate

Postby Zero » 24 Jan 2017 22:32

Last edited by Zero on 02 Jun 2017 21:04, edited 3 times in total.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town Version: 2.0

Postby Zero » 23 Feb 2017 01:57

Version 2.0 released.

Still a early version with no boundaries. Just example lighting and more background borders/geometry. Check version history for more.
Zero

Postby bonifarz » 23 Feb 2017 20:15

For sure a lot of time and effort went into this. And I think it is improving well :)
There's only one point I'd suggest for now: Experiment with the blendmap textures on the ground level. You can blend different types of stone, dirt or vegetation textures to avoid tiling, but this metallish one does not work well with those stones.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Zero » 24 Feb 2017 08:38

Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town Version: 2.5 - Updated Pics

Postby Zero » 09 Mar 2017 01:04

Version 2.5 Released.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town Version: 2.5 - Updated Pics

Postby Zero » 14 Apr 2017 07:03

Update Soon. Some Interesting facts :
- This is the original Hostile map. (That's why you see all them textures for all those of you map creators reading this.) Just took all my geometry thanks to Bonifarz and Red Eclipse Team who was involved. To Save them as prefabs before wiping out the map. (Material, lights, mapmodels Creating flat plane, Moving bases, Starting over etc.)
- The original Hostile was supposed to be open with a town but later became a closed in cave like arena with corridors to travel through and a make out of back drops.
- This is gonna be a hard clipping/material job. But I have my idea's..
- I spotted like 15 errors that are being fixed.
- As said before this is a remake of a map from Black Ops 3. "Fringe" With my own twist on it. Not everything is exact or duplicated. Just layout Idea's.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town Version: 3.0 - Updated Pics

Postby Zero » 06 May 2017 01:07

3.0 has been uploaded. A little rushed but was hoping to get a version out on a friday. I only play tested all the modes once. It's only gone up 1k in triangles of the last version. Not everyone has the same setup nor should there be system requirements for certain maps. I'm always trying to lower detail and everything for smooth frames. Which is why I'm debating on editing the main bases which they hold the most detail.

I threw the particle version in last second. Just thought it "LOOKED" cool but draws too much resources. So if your looking for better frames pick the "No Particles" version.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town Version: 3.5 - 05/14/17 - Updated Pic

Postby Zero » 15 May 2017 02:06

Version 3.5 Updated - No new pics tho so check version history to see progress and or download. Back of alpha base is under construction and why you see high walls. This map will be my last as far as detail for I'll go symmetrical and more textures then 3d objects. I've started on clipping and no clipping on this version so next version should no longer be beta stage. :D Keep in mind tho structures, walls and map layout may change. One thing I'd like to point out is that gravity settings has been changed from default 50. to 60. See if this works for you. I was trying not to raise buildings too high yet not have players jump over them. Triangles are down from 151 to 107! Old Hostile map was like 256 something. We're getting there.

-Edit
Gravity is actually changed to 65. Not 60.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Version: 4.0 - Updated Screenshots - 5/21/

Postby Zero » 21 May 2017 07:32

4.0 Released. The map name has been changed to the original title that was intended. "Hostile" To save room and confusion delete old version "Hostile Town". If you have the very first versions of the old "Hostile" this may be deleted when merging files. Move these old map files out of the folder if you want to keep them. Check version history for details or download.
Zero

Postby Zero » 02 Jun 2017 20:43

Hello Red Eclipse Family. :) It's been a long while. From Sauerbraten (Forgive the spelling) cube 1 to now. And I did not know Quinn that you were involved in that. lol I seen the credits to get inspiration for a map not too long ago and saw your name on the top list. I never knew. I'm not leaving completely. Just more so focusing on making maps for Black Ops 3. 91 gigs of creativity. I've made many maps. From cube 1 to learning unreal engine. I'm getting the hang of Radiant Black and couldn't sleep last night for the potential it brings. It will die out over time but I still hope to bring something new to that table. I see where Red Eclipse editor brings in simplicity And Radiant can be much harder. But I find area's where Radiant is a few clicks away from being done in certain area's. Of course it's paid for to create map models, sounds, affinities, scripts. But that comes with the funds. So definitely not leaving just expressing more time to bo3. Any of my maps can be used as the license each file describes. CC-BY-SA Unported. And any unfinished maps can be edited to desired creation. Just ask and I'll send. Kinda sucks cuz I was working on Descent II but didn't have the inspiration to create it. I spent probably 8 hours on creating new ship designs yet didn't like where it was going. I'll be on here to work on maps and also read up on messages or updates for the game. But won't be giving it my all like before. <3 ;)
Zero

Postby Zero » 11 Jun 2017 13:45

Just would like to share my update on Hostile on BO3. I finished the outer layer of the barn/mill. Now working on inner skeleton/lighting/clip/models/fx/textures/detail. Soon it will be a abandoned farm town with ex military involvement where a once deranged family lived and mutilated the entire town. I'll implement Descent's spawn feature where each team drops from a drop ship. The Radiant Black engine is a little different then Unreal's engine but I'm starting to learn the shortcuts and pick up the pace. These maps are ridiculous in file sizes. Anywhere to 500 mb to 1 gig or more. Just with the amount of work done so far it's already 274 mb.
Zero

Postby Zero » 17 Jun 2017 19:15

Train depot done in bo3 lol. I'll post screenshots later. The updated pics on that game after I post them will be the last update on bo3 until it's finished for I know this forum is about RE and not about other games. Just siked the second hardest building layout is done. Exterior and Interior. Happy Frag'n! Now just the house and side building from train depot. After that it's Just filling in the blank with border and background props.
Zero

Postby Zero » 17 Jun 2017 23:06

Just keep in mind I've only been working on interior and exterior skeleton of buildings. Any map models/FX you see are just me having play time in between. This will be the second time I remade this map. Hope you all enjoy eventually.

My net apparently allows me to upload 3 screenshots at a time. Verizon. Sorry...

https://postimg.org/gallery/1l72tomn8/ 1- 3
https://postimg.org/gallery/ig92evmu/ 3 - 6
https://postimg.org/gallery/nnxo3dmq/ 6 -9
https://postimg.org/gallery/1kv0yp3ty/ 9-12
https://postimg.org/gallery/3e1uz0zpe/ 12 - 15
https://postimg.org/gallery/2ybd4i1cm/ 15 - 18
Zero

Postby Zero » 27 Aug 2017 07:55

Hello RE Community. Just thought I'd throw in this update with the new hostile on how it's coming along. After this I'll be returning to work on a map for RE.

Zero

Return to Maps and Mods