[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [REMIX] Mist 2k

[REMIX] Mist 2k

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[REMIX] Mist 2k

Postby molexted » 18 Nov 2016 06:07

I personally find Mist to be one of the ugliest maps in RE, so I decided to redo it completely.
Layout is identical, but removed the grass from the center and the two holes past the jumppads, which reduced the vertices by half :!:
Added hurt water past the pushers because the area between the jump pad and the next floor felt like wasted space.
Increased light precision from 32 (unnecessarily sharp IMO, especially in its original incarnation as a misty map) to 70

I'm not done texturing yet, still need to add some details, but some feedback on the general aesthetic would help. :)

PS: A better suggestion for the title than 'Mist 2k' would be great.
Attachments
mist2k.2.png
mist2k.png
mist2k.zip
(872.54 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Full disclaimer: I own an Opteron.
molexted

Re: [REMIX] Mist 2k

Postby SniperGoth » 18 Nov 2016 11:40

I gues you beat it to me, as i was also planning to remix the map, haha.
It looks like an Quake tournament map as it is, with this aesthetic. I don't think it fits too much.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby FaTony » 18 Nov 2016 20:51

The layout is terrible, you can't fix this.
FaTony

Postby Alxa » 18 Nov 2016 21:44

Looks good. Also, pushers and portals make EVERYTHING better
Visit our clan webpage: >SOON<
Visit the Koos Youtube channel:
Alxa

Postby qreeves » 19 Nov 2016 09:55

I have to agree with TheAssassin's initial impression that it lost part of the charm when you removed the grass areas. Improving the flow of the map could be as simple as adding more opportunities for parkour in the middle.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby molexted » 20 Nov 2016 03:54

Oh, I personally hated the grass... and this theme might make adding it back hard, but I'll try.
I'm going to work on portals to connect the map better for FFA, it's a lost cause for CTF i think.
Full disclaimer: I own an Opteron.
molexted

Return to Maps and Mods