[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [MAP] C.Q.B. Madness

[MAP] C.Q.B. Madness

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[MAP] C.Q.B. Madness

Postby GeneralKarnage » 16 Aug 2016 17:09

This is a map that I made a year or so ago (not quite sure when). I recently revised it and decided to post it here. It's good for team games of all modes except Bomber-Ball (there is no bomb). I was inspired by real-life indoor airsoft arenas.

It's kind of like a maze, but there are some open spaces and several good places for snipers. There are also some secret areas (I might add more of these later!)
Attachments
20160815204119.png
20160815204136.png
20160815204207.png
20160815204234.png
20160815204256.png
cqb.zip
(2.25 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
GeneralKarnage

Re: [MAP] C.Q.B. Madness

Postby qreeves » 17 Aug 2016 05:03

Looks a bit dark at the moment, which usually doesn't go down so well in practice.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 17 Aug 2016 12:36

Usually I'm the guy who complains about maps that are too dark :lol:
But here it's really dark, all the brick corridors have no lighting at all.

I quickly tried to triple the number of lights at the ceiling, and it seemed about right for me (each row offset by 8*4m, lowering the radii from 400 to 360).

Also the ceiling gets very bright, maybe you want to lower the lights a bit or add some spotlights and/or dziq's light cones?

The specular on the alpha/omega panels is super bright, what about /vdelta vshaderparam specscale 0.2 0.2 0.2 on these?

Maybe it makes sense to connect the sniper/mine room with the bases using some more corridors with stairs. Not sure if the hiding/rocket spots on the roof girders are a good idea.

That being said, I think it's nice a theme / map concept. I imagine going through the maze is slow, but gives you at least some cover from the all mighty snipers.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby GeneralKarnage » 17 Aug 2016 18:40

Personally, I like dark maps, but I can see where you guys are coming from. I do agree with the fact that the brick corridors could use some more light (I was actually considering placing some lights in there, but I wasn't sure what the said lights would look like) and the all-too-reflective team symbols. I might also reduce the fog a bit.
GeneralKarnage

Postby bonifarz » 18 Aug 2016 10:14

For those sections that are not part of the main hall, a natural solution to your lighting problem may be windows with sky texture for sunlight based lighting.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby FaTony » 18 Aug 2016 12:31

Looks like a good map for something like Counter Strike, but certainly not Red Eclipse.
FaTony

Return to Maps and Mods