[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - JOB: I want someone to build me a boat

JOB: I want someone to build me a boat

All posts that don't fit into another category, discuss ideas and other things
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

JOB: I want someone to build me a boat

Postby cdxbow » 06 Mar 2014 00:30

Didn't quite know where post this one, so general discussion it is. First off, this would be a paid job, of around a few hundred dollars.

So what do I want? I need for one of you clever mappers to build me a boat as an RE map. Not just any boat, but his boat:
ocv_for_re.jpg

The craft is 100m long and has a beam of 23m.

I need it to visualise the spaces, especially the interior and rear decks. I am having trouble working out a few things & I thought if I could 'run around it' it could clarify a few issues. So RE came to mind. The RAN did the same thing for the new LHDs using the Crytek engine.

The interior and how the decks work at the rear are most important to figure out. I have a partially built model which I have done as a LP game model, it's unfinished in part because I couldn't sort out the spaces. There are more drawings to help.

Anyone interested? (and capable?) You may have to sign a commercial confidentiality agreement.
cdxbow

Re: JOB: I want someone to build me a boat

Postby subraizada3 » 06 Mar 2014 01:08

Last edited by subraizada3 on 23 Jun 2016 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
subraizada3

Postby cdxbow » 06 Mar 2014 01:25

Please understand the requirement is nothing to do with gaming, but rather visualization. It is a serious job and I am not trolling. Obviously the boat could be used as a map. Haven't played COD for ages so I can't comment on the boat, but this design is similar to the Austral trimarans.
cdxbow

Postby subraizada3 » 06 Mar 2014 01:46

Last edited by subraizada3 on 23 Jun 2016 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
subraizada3

Postby qreeves » 06 Mar 2014 04:17

He is very serious, and he is very reputable.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Greaserpirate2 » 06 Mar 2014 05:17

I would be interested in helping out. Can you clarify what your goals are for the ship, what the time frame is, and what you mean by the "commercial confidentiality agreement"?

I've started making the outline of the ship. Did I get the dimensions right? Also, should I upload a map file?
Attachments
20140306000631.png
Some of my maps:

..will be updated soon ;)
Greaserpirate2

Postby cdxbow » 06 Mar 2014 09:06

cdxbow

Postby radiant » 06 Mar 2014 16:02

In terms of scale, 1 meter in game is defined as 8 "edit units"; also, the default cube size that gets highlighted when you run the cursor over edit terrain is also 1 meter to a side.
radiant

Postby cdxbow » 06 Mar 2014 20:33

Thanks radiant, that will make things easier. I never knew that.

btw GreaserPirate has picked up the job.
cdxbow

Return to General Discussion