[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Grenade and No-Claws mutators

Grenade and No-Claws mutators

All posts that don't fit into another category, discuss ideas and other things
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

Grenade and No-Claws mutators

Postby Alxa » 30 Jun 2017 00:49

I was talking with someone (i think he was Scatter) the other day about the possibility of having a "basic" mutator that allows grenades and a "instagib" mutator that removes the claws.

I actually like the mines, but sometimes you want to play survivor and duel without worrying about a sassy mine hiding somewhere and having grenades around would give a new mix to the gameplay.

About the mutator for the removal of the claws; he didn't tell me why he disliked the weapon in that mode, but i suppose it was the of extra melee range it gave you, and it kills the fun when you want to have a close-quarter rifle battle.

┬┐What do you guys think?
Visit our clan webpage: >SOON<
Visit the Koos Youtube channel:
Alxa

Re: Grenade and No-Claws mutators

Postby shacknetisp » 30 Jun 2017 01:21

Both these ideas seem positive to me, the only objection I can think of is that adding a new mutator takes up room (there are limited numbers of mutators technically, I don't recall the exact amount, as well as interface room). Removing claws from instagib would be especially nice to me, since currently they make melee combat nearly or more than as strong as the rifle on several maps as well as removing the focus from a rifle-centric mode.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby SniperGoth » 30 Jun 2017 02:04

I vote no for the no-claws on insta, as it's quite useful as a pressure tool on the opposing team, while your own team does the kills.
Also because i absolutelly love to stealth kill unsuspected victims with it :P .
I know, i know, this is RE 1.3 insta all over again (you had the ability to punch people while on the ground, using Q, it had no startup/active/recovery frames) , but still, im totally against changing the way it currently is.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby bonifarz » 30 Jun 2017 06:33

Personally, I like the default rule to enable the claws in insta games, but you guys know how badly i suck with that rifle :roll:

If you have not already done so, I suggest to configure a game server for clawless insta, so you can conveniently playtest. One option to do that is to disable the last bit of playerabilities and botabilities, I think.
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby Lagetta » 30 Jun 2017 19:34

Just a random operator called Laggy in-game.
Lagetta

Postby Scatter » 03 Jul 2017 15:34

I would also enjoy possibility to choose mutator that removes claws.I have seen people using them in instagib as a main weapon and actually they seem to be as good as rifle or even better if used well(in duels).We already have melee attacks for close combat.
Co-leader of Cube 2 clan >DOOM<
Scatter

Return to General Discussion