[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - [To qreeves] Guidelines and lack of enforcement thereof

[To qreeves] Guidelines and lack of enforcement thereof

All posts that don't fit into another category, discuss ideas and other things
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

[To qreeves] Guidelines and lack of enforcement thereof

Postby marioxcc » 27 Jun 2017 21:36

marioxcc

Re: [To qreeves] Guidelines and lack of enforcement thereof

Postby Bobbo » 27 Jun 2017 23:58

Bobbo

Re: [To qreeves] Guidelines and lack of enforcement thereof

Postby qreeves » 28 Jun 2017 04:12

Firstly, yes I have PM disabled because I don't conduct official project business behind closed doors. People mistake "Lead Developer" for "Overlord", and while it would be flattering to think of oneself as such, Red Eclipse is a community project and I'm just the compass that keeps it pointing in a direction that takes us forward. I very much prefer for everyone to contribute than to be making all the decisions on my own (everyone, even me, is fallible).

Secondly, just because you haven't seen action taken doesn't mean there hasn't been any. I wouldn't be looking for harsh disciplinary action if I were you, because I consider you both to be in the wrong, which means I would punish you just as much. I'd really prefer people actually stop and listen for a second rather than involving the entire community (including myself) in a personal argument. I can ban you both for a month if you really want, but you're both being given the chance to cut the bullshit and walk away from this unscathed.

I locked the previous topic to prevent further argument on what I considered to be already resolved, and I support Bobbo's decision to lock this one as well. We're working on making the guidelines more clear for both moderators and players, and the chat killing issue has been polled (which looks to be defeated by a majority vote).
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion