[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - UI changes

UI changes

All posts that don't fit into another category, discuss ideas and other things
Forum rules
The forum is now in read only mode, please see: https://redeclipse.net/discuss

UI changes

Postby Iceflower » 11 Feb 2017 19:04

I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
Iceflower

Re: UI changes

Postby qreeves » 12 Feb 2017 01:51

The answers for 1, 2, 3, and 4 are too many to really list off the top of my head. The entire UI system has basically been taken out and replaced, so pretty much everything related to it has changed. NNUI is more like HTML than the weird strut/spring/space system we had previously, so it is a lot easier to align and set the size of everything. The main things you need to observe with the new system is the new format for creating the menus and the style of the scripts, including how variables are "namespaced" (ui_<section>_<variable>, etc).

Much of the "core" of the old menus can be recycled for the most part (by which I mean the CubeScript that generates things like lists etc) with a bit of tweaking to fit the new system. This is actually what I've been doing for the most part in order to restore the functionality we used to have, and it has mostly involved grabbing bits and pieces and properly renaming variables then fitting that in to a new UI.

I'm incrementally porting each menu, it was merged with master because most menus required to actually play the game work well enough for people to start seeing what it is like, but I am not done with it yet.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 12 Feb 2017 08:12

Hey, that looks pretty nice so far, but it will be a lot of work as well.

I wonder, is this based on the gui system from tesseract?
| | | |
bonifarz

Postby qreeves » 12 Feb 2017 11:58

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 12 Feb 2017 14:34

That sounds good, I'm sure this will be worth the effort. Too bad I don't have time atm to help porting some menus.

Iceflower, maybe you can contact RaZgRiZ, I had some very nice discussions with him about game menus, and he's for sure an expert for that menu system.
| | | |
bonifarz

Return to General Discussion